The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Mismade Christian Flag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of stempleton
A search has found that this has come up in the past several times, but the links seem to be all bad or the dealer websites suggested come up empty...

Does ANYONE know where I can find a Mismade Flag effect using the Christian Flag? The larger stage size the better. I cannot believe that this is not available for this effect. If I had the money or sewing skills I would have them done myself... unfortunately I lack both.

Happy New Year to all my brothers and sisters in Christ!

Steve
MichaelDupree
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of MichaelDupree
I have never seen a Mismade Christian Flag it would make a great routine. Have you checked with http://www.lockfamilymagic.com if they don't have it they might be able to point you in the right direction.
Illusionist007
<BR>Michael Dupree
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On 2008-12-28 16:10, ChrisG wrote:
Amazon had this: http://store.fastcommerce.com/magicmart/......129.html

Amazon? Whodathunk? I noticed that this was listed as a subset of "Doc Haley Gospel Magic," but Steve's site does not show that this is a product they have in stock. Also it seems to be a two stage effect rather than three, which I believe is the traditional mis-made routine (correct me if I'm wrong.) I'll call these folks tomorrow to get more info, but if anyone else has more directions, I'll follow up and post them here. Thanks!
P.S. Thanks, Michael for the Duane Laflin's site, but that was the first one I checked and no luck there. I'll call there tomorrow as well and let you know where he suggests.
dbearden
View Profile
Regular user
Oneonta, AL
102 Posts

Profile of dbearden
Yes, check with Steve Varro...if he doesn't have it in stock, maybe he could get it....I have one that I bought back several years ago, and it was from Doc Haley Gospel MAgic....I've had it for several years now, so I am thinking I may have bought it before Steve took over the company.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I recently sold my Doc Haley version that I bought several years ago. It had a red, blue, white, white flag with blue field without red cross and complete flag (with red cros) "silks".

It wasn't made out of silk - I surmise it was a polyester or something else. The blue field and cross seemed to be printed on the material - very different than a silk flag.

So the effect on Amazon is the same, but made with different material.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
It is listed on Doc Haley as discontinued.
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On 2008-12-28 18:05, Terry Holley wrote:

So the effect on Amazon is the same, but made with different material.

Terry

Thanks, Terry. Since this does include everything for the standard routine, and is made of 100% silk, I guess this is the best option. Thanks for sharing, everyone!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5700 Posts

Profile of Regan
Has anyone started making these again?
Mister Mystery
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
606 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
No one is making these at this point. I have an old one I got in a Gospel Magic Lot Sale - made by Dock Haley.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5700 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Jamie. That's kind of what I thought. When it was available I never understood why the Christian mis-made flag set only had 2 flags instead of 3. It seems a 2nd mis-colored flag would have been an easy addition, but I never saw a set offered that way. That is why I never bought one. I was thinking that someday maybe someone would make a set with 3 flags like the mis-made American Flag sets I have. Instead they stopped making them altogether!
Mister Mystery
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
606 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
I would love a set made of silk and not a synthetic material.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Well, that is odd, because the item on the fastcommerce site in a previous posting continues to stay "100% silk." I have read some negative comments about the service of those operating the site, but some defending the owner as well.
I have emailed him and asked to confirm the material used as well as the dimensions of the silks. Will let you know the results.

I still find it odd that this is an item not readily available. I dropped my gospel routine using the regular US flag because recent actions and stances taken by top political leaders in our government seem to go against my theme. Using a Christian flag would make the routine valid again.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
606 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Perhaps it is - it's possible that DH used real silk at one point.
The set I have each of the colors are silk... the flags themselves are a syntheic material.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5700 Posts

Profile of Regan
Please keep us posted. Thanks!
Mister Mystery
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of stempleton
My response from the fastcommerce site is that it is not in stock, but I should check with the manufacturer, which is...Doc Haley! And that search, of course, no longer finds it offered on the site. So back to square one...
djjkarate
View Profile
New user
Always Sunny in Seattle
54 Posts

Profile of djjkarate
There was one on ebay about 2 months ago, but I was out-bid... I know, no help, but maybe one will pop up again.

I would like one too !

Smile
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3285 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On May 6, 2014, Howie Diddot wrote:
Is this what you're looking for?

http://store.fastcommerce.com/magicmart/......9-p.html

Yes, Howie, that's the one that I found and contacted the owner about...not available from him or his distributor, Doc Haley.
djjkarate
View Profile
New user
Always Sunny in Seattle
54 Posts

Profile of djjkarate
I just checked the website again, and I was able to put one in my cart,,,, So they may be avaialable again..

http://store.fastcommerce.com/magicmart/......9-p.html

would be interested if someone was able to purchase it.. I've spent my months allowance already so I can't afford to buy one right now.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Mismade Christian Flag (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL