The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Mismade Christian Flag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Just needing clarification please? Is this the flag often seen in Protestant churches? It has a white field and the upper left quadrant is blue with a red cross? The reason I ask is that the Catholic church has its own flag.

Best,
Vlad
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On May 30, 2014, Vlad_77 wrote:
Just needing clarification please? Is this the flag often seen in Protestant churches? It has a white field and the upper left quadrant is blue with a red cross? The reason I ask is that the Catholic church has its own flag.

Best,
Vlad

Vlad,
Yep, that's it.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
PLEDGE TO THE CHRISTIAN FLAG

I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose Kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty to all who believe.

From Wiki:

The Christian Flag was first conceived on September 26, 1897, at Brighton Chapel on Coney Island in Brooklyn, New York in the United States. The superintendent of a Sunday school, Charles C. Overton, gave an impromptu lecture to the gathered students, because the scheduled speaker had failed to arrive for the event. He gave a speech asking the students what a flag representing Christianity would look like.[7] Overton thought about his improvised speech for many years afterward. In 1907, he and Ralph Diffendorfer, secretary of the Methodist Young People's Missionary Movement, designed and began promoting the flag.
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Thanks Terry for the history. I've seen this flag when I have had occasion to visit Protestant churches and I hadn't realized it had been around for so long. Also, I had never heard of the pledge. Always great to learn something. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Mismade Christian Flag (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL