The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cold Fusion by Jim Strickland (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: Cold Fusion by Jim Strickland
Medium: Coin trick, DVD instructions
Arena: Close up, street assassin
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

I’m not much of a coin guy but have, over the years, encountered lots of coin gaffs and coin magic, I really do enjoy watching good coin effects. The gaff used in Cold Fusion I’ve not seen before and while at first it seemed a bit goofy the more I played with it the more I liked it as a gaff trick. The basic routine is you take a coin, it comes in a UK 50 p and US quarter as well as the half dollar which I have, and break it in two then fuse it back together again, pretty simple huh? I think what made me actually want to do this was I thought what if I do a coin effect which introduces the half and people get a good gander at it. I then do that lil’ optical illusion where it looks like the coin is bending at your finger tips…that then leads into the tearing of the coin as an ‘optical illusion’ and the fusing. Pretty nice eh?

The instructions are on DVD, not great instructions but it will do, Jim sounds like a pirate teaching a coin trick. I think this is more something that the hobbiest would like and the street assassins and the hallway hit men will just love it. I can imagine the patter “look look, watch watch”, how can you not respect a good ‘street’ magician with that kind of creativity? The gimmick is well made, it is easy to do, and I think if you combine it with any other coin stuff it is pretty cool.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cold Fusion by Jim Strickland (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL