The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » The Dove Bark (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
I was just wondering for anyone who owns White Non-Ringed doves, if they have experienced barks from the bird. They often bark if they are jealous and it sounds a lot like a small dog. Just wondering. Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Alex, "barking" as you call it is normal in doves. Mine do it all the time. Sometimes sounds like a sneeze too. It's nothing to worry about.
Where the magic begins
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Mine are doing the same thing but only when their perching on the top of my cage looking in, they look right down in the cage and their wings begin to twitch, and they start barking, they seem very scared...

Do I have doves afraid of heights?

thanks
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
DJ, don't take this the wrong way but when I read your post, I broke out laughing. Not at your question but at the thought of a bird being afraid of heights. No they are not afraid. The bark is just another way of communicating. Kind of like when a dog growls when it's angry or a cat purrs when it stalks a mouse.
Where the magic begins
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
hahahha,

I am glad you laughed..

I know a bird can't be afraid of heights because it's just how things are, just like we can't be afraid of food, (if you catch my drift)..

but they do seem scared when this happens. They look in and their wings twitch. Have your birds wings ever done this and when they begin to bark it is more like a cry or something... it is quite strange.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » The Dove Bark (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL