The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Vanishing Bandana (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
Hey I have a question about the Vanishing Bandana magic trick.

What do you guys do with your devil's handkerchief for the banana mess at the end, to clean it out?

Thank you,
Dn
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
During a show, chances are the mashed banana is going to have to stay in there. I just throw the handkerchief into my table and continue the show.

If you need to use it again briefly for another trick (which I'm not sure that you would want to due to the banana residue), perhaps you can try keeping a plastic bag or something in/around your performing area where you can easily dispose of the banana before using it again. You may also wish to line the pocket with a plastic sandwhich bag or the like.

After the show, when I'm home I remove any large bits of banana and throw it straight into the wash.

:banana:
If it is to be, it is up to me.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Just don't forget it in your case until the next show. P U
magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
Thanks, is the pocket usually very messy or is the banana pretty much whole?

~Dan~
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
http://www.magicenhancer.com/

Robert has a hank with a pocket that you remove and toss in the washer. Very easy clean up.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Yes, the banana itself can get pretty messy (especially if you whip the hank around a bit to reveal the vanish). lol Then again, it's supposed to make a mess! That's what makes it really funny.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Yes, Floyd is absolutely correct. My devil's handkerchief has a parachute material pouch that velcros inside the devil's hank. The mess gets in the pouch and all you have to do is pull outthe pouch, turn it inside out over your garbage, put the pouch in the washing machine (yes, it is machine washable) and presto, yo're done! Pop it back in and yo'ure ready for your next show. I sell additional inserts as well in case you do multiple shows.

No more fiddling with leaky plastic bags that make noises when the banana falls into it, etc. Best of all, you never even get your devil's hank dirty. Over dozens of uses, you'll want to throw it in the wash (it too is machine washable).

You can check other threads for the Amazing Mystical Vanishing Bandana. I include the devil's hank with my vanishing bandana routine (although you can purchase the devil's hank separately). Our hanks are all made in the USA by Sandy Sisti of Seams Like Magic.

Hope I helped! Thanks again Floyd! Happy New Years!!

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I use a foam banana and have no problem with mess.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I Like the foam Banana Idea Neale..... I use a plastic sandwich Bag inside the pocket and just pull it out after the show and replace it with another bag.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I was worried at first whether the reaction would be as strong but it is every bit as funny because I REACT like it is a real banana.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
We created our own hank out of tea towels. (We arrived a show a few years back and had forgotten the hank so we whipped one up with a quick visit to a grocery store.)

We simply safety pin a zip lock baggie into the pocket. When the show's done, replace the baggie. The mess is contained and disposed of and the hank is now reset.
magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
Thanks a lot RJE!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3729 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
First, be sure to use an unripe banana. I get the smallest one I can find, and it's still pretty green. When you initially bend the banana, it'll usually snap in half instead of mush. Couple times during one (or both) of the folding parts of the routine, I'll grab a bite of the banana. That does 3 things, it's HILARIOUS to the audience, it proves that the banana's real and it leaves less actual banana in the devil's hank to make a mess. Also, during the "squish the banana into a small, little ball" phase, don't actually grab the part of the cloth containing the banana. Squeeze and empty part, and ACT! That solves most of the mess problems for me.

Steve
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 16:20, magicaldan12 wrote:
...What do you guys do with your devil's handkerchief for the banana mess at the end, to clean it out?

Open it up and eat the squishy banana during the drive home. Lick that hanky clean. Fold it up, and replace it in the box.

It's an (almost) instant reset effect.

You're welcome.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Steve,

You definitely nailed it. With well over 200 performances (estimated) of this under my belt, that's exactly what I do. Well said.

When I came up with my version, there's no need to pin anything. Just slap in the pocket, and yo're ready to go. No noises from the bag, leak throughs, etc. It's great!

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
georgecoolla
View Profile
New user
Canada
80 Posts

Profile of georgecoolla
Can you provide more info on that Enhancer?
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I have not used my new vanishing bandana yet. I have the "Mystical" one. The liner in the hank is easy to remove and replace. I can see where it will be a very easy clean up. Depending on where I put it in my show I am not going to worry if it has to sit very long in the mashed state. Don't know if any of that made sense. I just think the new hank from Robert Haas is great.

Steven
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Anyone heard anything about the use of the new vanishing "foam"/phone routine?
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Steven,

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I appreciate it. I've been using 'my' version for YEARS and it never fails. I always loved doing the trick, but hated the clean-up. I noticed the problem and made a solution. Magicians asked me if I could make them one and said I should release it, soI did. Thank you to everyone who likes it! I try...

The vanishing Shell Foam is an idea by my buddy Max Krause. He takes the vanishing bandana premise and updats it to the 21st century. We're in the proccess of getting all the equipment, etc. Instead of smashing a banana, you smash a phone- and 'see how much water it can hold'. The comedy is by mistaking a shell foam for a cell phone. If anyone has bought my Amazing Mystical Vanishing Bandana or plans to, I have a special price for you on my web site. If anyone has any particular questions regarding this item, please feel free to IM me.

Thanks again for letting me chime in Smile

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Um... what is "shell foam"?
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Vanishing Bandana (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL