The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Vanishing Bandana (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I have a Viking (I believe) brand devils hanky.

Once I get it home I turn the pocket inside out and get rid of whatever is not soaked into the fabric. Then, I just hand wash it with soap and hot water.

I like to use bananas that are not ripe yet, so they snap, rather than smush.
-Matt
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2009-01-09 02:29, nathanallen wrote:
Um... what is "shell foam"?

A sponge seashell, I believe. Surely that would be a foam shell, though...

Does it need up-dating, Rob? We do still have bananas...
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Quote:

In the new routine that Magic Enhancer is selling, a cell phone is used in place of the banana. With the Vanishing Bandanna, the gag is based on the use of a banana that has been 'mistakenly' included with your magic trick as opposed to the bandanna that the voice over is asking for.

In the Shell Foam routine, the comedy is by mistaking a shell foam for a cell phone.

I have yet to see it, so I cannot comment on the effectiveness of the routine on a real audience. However, I am a bit concerned that the words "shell foam" do not conjure a specific image of an item that each of us can relate to, as we can so easily do with a bandanna.

Hope someone else will give us a review of this new routine.

Chris
Cashetta
View Profile
Regular user
Rehoboth Beach, DE
128 Posts

Profile of Cashetta
I'm not quite sure "Shell Foam" would be understood by an audience ... I'm not even sure what the heck it is.
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
I don't care for the Devil's Hank. So I re-recorded the "instructions" myself, using a disguised voice (a talent I never thought would be useful), and I varied the script to include some additional jokes. I also opted to use a Rip Apart Vanish Bag (with a zip lock bag pinned into the business part of the bag) in place of the Devil's Hank.

It works like a charm, and the audience literally gasps when the bag is ripped apart. Great stuff !
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
'Shell Foam' is not strictly a Magic Enhancer effect like our Magic Enhancer CDs and the Vanishing Bandana. It is an effect created by Max Krause which uses the Vanishing Bandanna premise. I co-produced the audio, etc for the routine and that is why it is available on my web site.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
hypermagician
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hypermagician
Just my 2 cents. Don't try to perform the vanish bandana (banana) more than 2 times in a row, using only one hank. Your hank will get very sticky and you won't be able to get it open properly.

I was "mistakenly" putting this routine on my performance, which I had to do four 30 minutes shows back-to-back to four different groups of kids. By the 3rd show, my hank couldn't be open properly, and by the 4th, the kids can see the stains on the hank. Well, at least the kids were all laughing each time I did the routine in each show, but I believe they were laughing at the stained and sticky hank instead instead of to the act.
magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
Can regular Devil Handkerchief's be put in the washing machine??
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:

Max shared this one with me. Shell Foam is a very funny modern twist on the the banana. While the humor with Haas' original routine relies on the mess, the humor or tension in Max Krause's routine is the destruction of a cell phone. So what is a shell foam? I asked the same thing. And that's part of the suspense and humor of this one. By the end of the routine all is clear. Funny stuff.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

MagicalDan,

Yes, a regular devil's hank can be put in the washing machine. However, if there is mushed banana in it, it will not all come out. At least when I used to do it it didn't. I invented my version which is super easy to clean up.

Also, over time, washing your devil's hank will fade the fabric, etc. Most of the ones I've com across also have hideous patterns and designs and look 'fishy'

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Robert you don't by chance just sell the hank alone do you?
baldguy
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of baldguy
Yes he does...

http://www.magicenhancer.com/VanishingBandana.html

Scroll down to the extras.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Just caught this one. I sure do. Marty hit it on the (bald) head!! Hehehehe.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
www.MagicEnhancer.com
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2009-01-12 13:05, hypermagician wrote:
Just my 2 cents. Don't try to perform the vanish bandana (banana) more than 2 times in a row, using only one hank. Your hank will get very sticky and you won't be able to get it open properly.

I was "mistakenly" putting this routine on my performance, which I had to do four 30 minutes shows back-to-back to four different groups of kids. By the 3rd show, my hank couldn't be open properly, and by the 4th, the kids can see the stains on the hank. Well, at least the kids were all laughing each time I did the routine in each show, but I believe they were laughing at the stained and sticky hank instead instead of to the act.

I feel quite the opposite. I find that the more times I perform it, the easier it is for the entrance to open. I use it several times a week before washing (unless the banana is exceptionally bad/soft). I just have to make sure the opening is not stuck before the show.

And as far as the stains, just use a really busy pattern on your DH. I had the stain problem when I used to use one color but since I changed, I've had no problems.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 16:55, IDOTRIX wrote:
Just don't forget it in your case until the next show. P U

HA!!! I did that with the Lemon Game. I had it set up for a Christmas Eve show and ended up NOT performing it. I went to open the case LAST WEEKEND and had a nice little surprise. Ewwwww!!!!! Smile
baldguy
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of baldguy
Quote:
On 2009-01-22 12:17, Magic Enhancer wrote:
Just caught this one. I sure do. Marty hit it on the (bald) head!! Hehehehe.

Robert Haas

Funny. Funny guy, you are. (why I oughta....)

:o)

Cheers, Robert!

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Vanishing Bandana (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL