The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Mollo Magic - Stamford Ct. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Clark
View Profile
V.I.P.
118 Posts

Profile of Tony Clark
Does anyone remember Pat Mollo of Stamford, Ct. He had a little shop in my neighborhood where he manufactured magic as well as sold his items. I used to spend hours a week in there watching make stuff. He had a big influence on me and why I manufacture magic today. I bought my first dove trick from him. Dove from Balloon.
Great memories...
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I remember he made a very good set of diminishing cards.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Tony Clark
View Profile
V.I.P.
118 Posts

Profile of Tony Clark
Yes that's right. I loved his diminishing cards. Also he made an array of card castles. I love his jumbo card castles. Fun stuff.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3398 Posts

Profile of Julie
I recall his lectures and very clever small Magic> I think he might have been the first one to make an Ellis Ring type effect with a metal ring having a complete sh---. This full sh--- enabled the performer to set the sh--- on a flat surface and it looked like the solid ring.

I think he also made an innovative business card case for switching one side of a pad of paper for the other side (with forced numbers, etc.) This used a magnet and a metal playing card--very out-of-the-box thinking for his time.

Julie
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Is this the same one thta you are talking about?:

http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=full&nav1=new&key=4706
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Mollo Magic used to always be at the one day magic conventions in NJ. I remember he made a lot of stuff. A lot of it looked woodgrained, but I don't think it was made of wood. Probably wood grained contact paper. But I could be wrong - that was a while ago.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicthree
When I had a magic shop I took a ride there with my father and bought some stuff from him. Been a while since that day and can't remember what I purchased but enjoyed my visit with him.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
725 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Oh, I bought a Mollo "Add-A-No_Pad" from him (I think it was a "locking"/magnetic type).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Mollo Magic - Stamford Ct. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL