The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized deck routine (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Moualb:

In my case it's a little different. I generally do MD effects with my own stack (which is a slightly modified QuickStack) which can NOT be shuffled from NDO. I do have several effects that can make use of the Si Stebbins stack which I do not have memorized.

In my environment I generally have a deck in QuickStack order already or I am going to be opening a new pack. In either case, it's nice to know I've got a stack ready to go either way. Actually, I prefer to use my stack since it's memorized. I do not have SS memorized so any effect(s) I do with it can't require me to figure out too many positions/cards at once.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
508 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On 2009-06-09 12:45, Steven Keyl wrote:
Hcs,

Is it documented in the .pdf as to how to get into Si Stebbins Pro from both NDO and from Si Stebbins (standard) ?

Yes it is documented with kindly permission of Mr. Darwin Ortiz.
Into SS in very short instruction. Insiders will still understand this.
Into SSPro in detail.
moualb
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of moualb
Cohiba , Steven : thanks for the details you gave for your approach.

In my environment (informal amateur performance at the office or at the pub) I always use the deck that is available and never mine.
iutennisman
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of iutennisman
I'm still a big fan of Simon Aronson's stack. I've been using it for about 10 years now. I love the way Simon thinks. The first time I learned it, it took about 2 hours of going through the cards, but then you know all 52 cards backwards and forwards. However, sometimes, I have to refresh my memory if I haven't done a stacked trick in a while, which takes a few minutes usually.
dannywu
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of dannywu
I used to use the BCS until I learned the Tamariz stack, memorized decks are more natural when recalling, invest your time and learn a memorized stack, it will pay dividends.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized deck routine (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL