The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings to all! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Capt. Coins
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Capt. Coins
Hello!
I am a 38 year old hobbyist,living in Houston, TX. Got into magic about 15 years ago. I've been a magician in remission for a while now, but I got the fever again about 6 months ago. I love all magic, but slight of hand with coins is my main thing. Recently mastered Ammar's modified Retention vanish with both hands, a Spellbound routine with 5 changes, and I'm working on back-clips and the Muscle Pass right now.
I recently discovered this board, and I'm very grateful for it. It's an excellent way to consult other magicians when you hardly know any!
Best wishes to all,
Geoff Roberts AKA Capt. Coins Smile
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Greetings Capt.
Where did you learn Ammar's modified retention? It doesn't sound familiar to me.
-Josh
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Capt. Coins
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Capt. Coins
Hi Josh! Got the move from the book The Magic of Michael Ammar, page 33. It's basically a retention vanish, but it leaves the coin clipped between the 2nd and 3rd fingertips rather than at a fingertip rest. The move has a little more economy of motion than the standard Retention Vanish, making it very deceptive; the hand comes away looking quite a bit more like the position it was in at the moment of cover.
Also in the book is his Ultimate One-Finger Spellbound, which I use to start the above mentioned routine. Great stuff!
Again, pleased to meet you, and lemmee know if you require more info on the move. Smile
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Capt.Coins:

Wellcoin to this place. I bet you coin wait to share some thouhgts.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
543 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
We're glad you found this site out to. Everyone is here to help everyone out. Feel free to ask for help anytime. No secrets though!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Geoff Smile Smile Smile
Welcome to the family. You will find many new friends as well as new ideas. This is absololutely the best place of magic on the net. Do not forget to post... Please have a cup of strong Turkish coffee while you begin to type your next posts.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Geoff,

It's nice to have you at the Café. Welcome! Smile
Capt. Coins
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Capt. Coins
I want to say thanks to everyone who posted here. Smile
Tora, I love strong coffee!
Quick progress report, after approx. one week of practice with the Muscle Pass, I am sporadically getting 5 inches lift! Can only try it about 30 times a day; stings, doncha know!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings to all! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL