The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gathering "Ring on Card" by Jamie Daws (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Just thought I would give you guys a heads up on this awesome new trick Jamie is putting out. It will be available soon!

A borrowed ring impossible and visually links onto a chosen signed playing card. Everything is immediately examinable with no switches. Great effect just check out the demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNM7HwxmmSY
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
Hmm looks good! If can withstand examination while its linked then I think its amazing.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Yea it sure can be! You link as clean and visual as the demo then immediately hand it out where they can keep it in the state it's in or tear it free.

JJ
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
The GatheRing is a great effect. The setup literally takes less than a minute and you are good to go. All you need is your deck with your set up in it and you are good to go. The link is so direct. I know Jamie has a few different ways to do it, but I like the one shown in the demo the best. I contributed a new way to construct the gimmick and also to perform for magicians as more of the card is shown and they just select a card, two holes are punched and you link it. This was demonstrated in the demo. But anyways, I highly recommend picking this up when it comes out.

-Nico
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Wow just wow that is incredible.
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
Is there a way of doing it without a hole punch?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Heya guys,

Just a drop in to say that I'm just finishing of the pdf and it should be available soon.

Eric, I have included ways in which the gimmicks can be ready made with the holes in them. So you can make them at home and keep them on you. This way you wont need to carry a hole punch.

Best Wishes and Happy New Year,

Jamie
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
If they can take the card home with their ring on it and examine the whole thing and not find a *** thing then you sir have figured out something I couldn't, well done,

where and how much?
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
It will soon be available thru
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/

I am not sure on what the price was decided at.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
This could be used with Richard sanders tagged to really slam your spectators. Just a thought!

JJ
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Wicked idea jordan! think that would be awesom routine.

Theres a few different patters ive included in the pdf to. Ive also put in a few notes on other tings I have used if a ring is not available.

It really can withold very close inspection and they will never detect the method! You'll find out to to make the gimmicks which take mintues to make. The ring is borrowed from the spectator and everything is as you see in the demo.

best wishes,

Jamie
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
This looks really nice. Should I assume that it can be done with a business card?
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Yes! This can be done with a business card in the same way it can be done with a playing card.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Niiice d00d Smile

JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The Pdf us approaching completeion and will be available very soon....

Jamie
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Good job on the trick Jamie. I love gimmicked magic and GatheRing is cleverly thought out in construction and routine. Good luck with it.

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Sound very good !
If everything is examinable and can be kept as souvenir then it end up like an impossible object category...which is very strong.
Maybe just showing the card already punched with 2 holes, signed it by spec, and link the ring under the table for example can be as strong !

As always, can't wait for review Smile
Nicolas
byxnz
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of byxnz
Neat! Can this also be done with a dollar bill ("borrowed") or a ticket stub? My mind is swimming with ideas for this thing! Would it be possible to magically link a spectator's keyring (or necklace) to a cardboard tag with my information on it?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Thanks for the kind words Angelo!

papawemba.. I have put in a note about haveing the holes ready punched and I find it's just as strong to have them ready punched as to punching them infront of them. Im currently waiting on a few reviews. I have sent it out to a couple of people who are testing it and reviewing it for me. Hopfully they will become apparent soon.

byxnz.. Unfortunatly it cannot be done with money or bills but business cards or card tags shouldnt be a problem. When you find out the method, you'll find out its VERY easily adapted to different things. I once done GatheRing with my bus ticket (just as an experiment) and it went briliantly. So I'm sure you'll come up with some amazing idea's.

Jordan Johnson has come up with some fantastic idea's with this which I'm going to ask him if he wouldnt mind bringing forward. His mind has been going into overdrive and I think you guys would like the idea's hes come up with.
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Check out my review of this effect here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=159&0

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Gathering "Ring on Card" by Jamie Daws (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL