The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Stringing effects together for street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
We all agree that in order to not lose hat, you need to tie your effects together so they flow seamlessly into the next... no breaks to allow applause or a "let's leave and grab a Starbucks" moment.

What are you doing to string these effects together? Are they effects that play off the previous one? Are you using patter to blend and move on without a break moment?

Looking to get a thread started to discuss the various ways to string your effects properly for the street.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
rayraysleights
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of rayraysleights
Over all I think it is your performance charactor That blends effects together. People stop to watch you. Do you stop or pause in btween? Are you cosistently telling jokes or playing of of your audience in between effects or even durring the effects them selves. I try to play off of the audience as much as possible,
however I am new to this and my chatactor and my show still has to grow and mature. One thing Kozmo does is he uses his chop cup all through his show. during his coin, and card routine, and in his finally. nick nickolas (who is absolutly brilliant) uses a tennis ball as a running gag throughout his show, and his climax to his cups and balls routine is even more powerfull because of it.
Bobby maverick plays with his crowd a lot from getting a kid to clean up for him, getting a couple guys to chain up, and teaching another kid to be astreet performer. He has more audience interaction than anybody else I seen. I am new to this and still learning myself but theese are just a few examples that come to mind. One thing I know for sure is getting those transitions can make or break you. Overall is it entertaining will it cause the audience like you? Really the best way to do it is to get out there work and see how the show evolves, and how you mature as a performer? It is a long journey of which I have just begun.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3227 Posts

Profile of gaddy
One must give this some thought, but it's not so crucial as, say, -interacting and connecting with your audience. That's something that everyone can always do better!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Stringing effects together for street (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL