The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Torn coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

apercu
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of apercu
Does anybody know where I might obtain a gaff that would enable me to appear to tear a coin completely in half with my hands? I would like to use an American coin.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Apercu, Joe Rindfleisch has a trick like that. I forget the name at the moment. but the effect is you hand a spectator a half dollar and you take one for yourself, first you rip yours down the middle and stop short of ripping it completely in half. Then you take theirs back and rip it as well.
He's here on the Café give him a PM and I'm sure he can help you out.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
apercu
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of apercu
Joe, thanks for the info. I just sent Joe Rindfleisch a PM.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=38008

Coin-fusion.

Goes by a different name at Hocus Pocus.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Jay Sankey has a trick in his "Revolutionary coin magic 2.0" DVD called half a coin trick. He used to include it in his older tricks as a special bonus. You can find those on penguinmagic. But in revolutionary coin magic 2.0 he included his handling as well as a half of a coin. Might be of interest. The Joe Rindfleisch trick seems interesting.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
The effect your talking about is called Mind over Matter. I sold it as a marketed effect back in the late 90s when I lectured. 1996 sounds about right. I later published the effect in my Extreme Coin DVD. In my version you tear two coins three quarters of the way down both coins and then bend the small part down (on a 45% angle) then hand both out for examination. The method is very simillar to most Copper Silver Transposition effects but the outcome is that you take two coins and tear both of them with your bare hands.

Joe Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
apercu
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of apercu
Thanks for the replies. These effects all look pretty good from what I've been able to see.
Joe McIntyre
View Profile
New user
North myrtle beach S.C.
61 Posts

Profile of Joe McIntyre
Apocalypse magazine in vol.1 no. 8 that's aug.1978 you will find David Roth has torn and restored coin.
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
I just reviewed "CoinFusion":
http://magic.about.com/od/magicianwebpag......nfus.htm

This one is good.

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Torn coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL