The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » anyone used hamsters? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Anyone used a hamster or other small type animal in their show? I know a fella who used a Sugar Glider in a chick pan and it went over very well.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
Hmm, it sounds good. I'm not sure though. Do you own a hamster? Smile
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Joe Ovette did a small pamphlet, many years ago, on Livestock Magic. In it were a few tricks with hamsters. They are cute, small and I see no reason they would not go over okay with the audience. I do not know how they behave in a load chamber. I would guess like a rabbit, but they could be busier. You probably know that Harry Anderson did a bit where he appeared to eat one years ago.
quack
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hello

Don't you mean Freddie Star?
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Luke,

If your question is aimed at me, the answer is no. The pamphlet I am talking about is by Joe Ovette and Harry did the eating a hamster bit on national TV here, you can read about it in his book. I have no idea who Freddie Star is!
quack
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hi

Sorry I didn't mean to offend you or anything I know Joe Ovette did the pamphlet I forget that this is not a U.K. site and not many people know Freddie Star in the U.S.A., Freddie Star is a big Comedian over here who did a Hamster eating thing on tv about 12 years ago.

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
No offense. I just did not know for sure if you were making reference to my earlier post.

quack
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
I use hamsters.

They are delightful critters for magic, since they have a natural tendency to roll up into a ball, making them smaller and easy to conceal in your hand.

A few points:

Hamsters bite! You will not be able to break them of this, so be prepared to get used to it. A good natured hamster will just nip a little, not enough to really hurt. A real biter can be painful, though. Make sure your hands are clean and don't smell like food.

Always treat them well. Get them used to being handled gradually. If a hamster decides he doesn't like you, you probably won't be able to win him over.

Remember that they are small animals and much more delicate and easier to injure then a large rabbit.
bob maget
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of bob maget
My hamster hardly ever bites and never squeaks and lays still for a little bit.
and change bags and dove pans and chick pans
put ham in it and stir it, say I put some ham and stir and I get a ham stir.
I hope you like it.
bob maget Smile
magicgetsgirls
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of magicgetsgirls
Could hamsters be used for a cups and balls routine as a final kicker?
Someone who can use his hands is a laborer. Someone who can use his hands, and his mind is a craftsmen. Someone who can use his hands, his mind, and his heart is an artist.
Alexander the Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Alexander the Magician
Much like Baby Chicks... sure, it's been done. Lance Burton does it with a mouse.

Smile Teddybear Hampsters, as the name would imply, are the nicest by reputation.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use to use hampsters. When I make my animal appear, I always leave them out on a stand/perch. All my animals are easy to train except the hampsters. No matter how high the stand was, they would always jump off during the show. I later brought them a ball cage to keep them in. But each one would always find a way out the closed door. I might try them again in the future.

Dynamike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » anyone used hamsters? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL