The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Healed and Sealed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Go to the banquet room if you have more questions. I like the effect, and you could hold it upside down, I think it's worth spending money on, (the instructions) but it's not the best trick I have seen.
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
Alexander the Magician
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Alexander the Magician
This is one of those effects...

If you are willing to invest the time and money in the practice of it, it becomes very practical for impromtu work at parties.

Once confident in the preparation and method you will be able to steal a few cans from the kitchen, go into the bathroom, prep them, and be on your way.

When done correctly, this effect kills, and is very visual. A certain degree of acting is required to cover up the tedious handeling of the prepared can, but as I say, practice will help. You could hold the can upside down, but don't expect to be able to hand it out before hand and say 'SEE IT'S EMPTY!' A casual implication of an empty can is all that's needed though.

I would recomend about $50 worth of practice!
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
That's a lot of cans lol. I just get them from my friend. He is a magician friend of mine, he supplies the cans, I supplied the secret. He bought the booklet from me cause he liked it soo much. I just bought another 'cause I wanted it for reference.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
exodus
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of exodus
I like the effect well enough. It's not something I use often though. This effect depends on your own style and where you do the magic. If you said "here look at this crushed can in my backpack," it wouldn't be as effective as "look at this can in the trash."
devilsmagic
View Profile
New user
scotland
76 Posts

Profile of devilsmagic
I like this trick a lot and try to find a situation to use it as much as possible once you have it mastered that's it you are ready to go.

Alan rorrison FROM http://www.devilsmagic.cjb.net
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

When I'm at a party with a bunch of friends, I'll take a soda and plant it somewhere around them and do the trick. I did this last night BTW.
£ØÇØ
View Profile
New user
Ohio
1 Post

Profile of £ØÇØ
I love this effect.
But I agree with Andrew that it is not something for table hopping.
I had some people over the other night, we were playing cards and earlier in the day I prepared the setup for the trick and stashed it in my trash can. In the middle of the card game my friend took his can, crushed it and threw it away. I immediately got up and pulled out the setup can and performed the trick.
It worked great! Everyone was speachless.
I found a great way to make the can appear sealed. It works perfect and you never have to hide anything. Smile
Fentoozler
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Fentoozler
I cannot seem to get mine to look realistic when its crushed up. Does anyone know a good method for crushing it? I already have the healed and sealed book, but to me, it's just not realistic.
Thanks adam
:bikes:
"the world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams"
Adam
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Like you would crush any can. Squeeze with one hand until it is crushed, but not so much that there are holes.
Threeatms
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Threeatms
What is your optimal amount of 'crush' for your empty can? The more the can is crushed, the more believable IMO. Flip side, it takes more magic to heal the can.

Opinions and suggestions for obtaining both a highly crushed can AND enough magic to heal it?

Also, does anyone do anything special to reduce the amount of time it takes to heal? Sometimes it seems as if I'm waiting forever and making some very repetitive moves!

Thanks!
V~
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

I show the can empty.......Give it a little shake to prove nothing is in there. Then it starts to heal itself. I get even closer to let the specs hear it's refilling, but it's invisible untill I pass my hand over and it becomes an unopened can.
Threeatms
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Threeatms
Does anyone let the specs hear the liquid splash around as the can starts to refill and BEFORE popping the top? I'm not sure which is better from the specs perspective. Is it more impressive to see a can heal, watch it be sealed, then the liquid appear OR have the liquid refill while the can is being healed?
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Depends on what you want to do. I think both ways are great. I really have no patter for this effect, I just use it for my friends. I say "Do you wanna see somethin cool?" Then I do it.
dynamite
View Profile
New user
Philippines
71 Posts

Profile of dynamite
Healed and Sealed is one stunner if done under right conditions. I did it once to a group of friends quite up-close, and got impressive reaction from them - still talked about the effect weeks after that.

However, you can do it only once, so put your best presentation when you perform it.

All the best!

Dynamite

Smile
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, you can . . . Boldness has a genius, magic and power to it!"
Merlin!
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Merlin!
I really like Healed and Sealed. When I ordered it, I couldn't stop thinking about it while I was waiting for it to come, and I actually figured it out before the actual manuscript came (aside from the "looking open aspect), lol.

However, I was wondering if anyone performs the other ideas explained in the manuscript (i.e. invisible soda transportation), the effect is so great by itself, I don't even bother with these, but I was wondering how effective they are.
chriscox
View Profile
Regular user
London
174 Posts

Profile of chriscox
Healed and Sealed is great, very visual and very effective...it's a shame that I do Mentalism and can't perform it really...it's just too "magical"! Smile
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

This is mentalism....you focus on an empty can and heal and seal it!
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
I love the effect and used it in all of my enviromental shows in the 2002-2003 school season. It is not a table hopper, but is killer performed properly.

I have always switched cans after tossing a real empty one to the ground. The key is to handle the gimmicked can as if it were truly empty.It slays kids and adults alike. It was one of the most commented on effects of the show.

I too have done it at parties impromptu and it is great especially when most of the crowd is tipsy. They'll swear later that they saw you pour it out and it resealed itself! lol
vootrage
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of vootrage
Dude 3 words, "Get this Trick". Healed and sealed will leave them remembering you for a LONG time. I'm still getting people asking me how I did it and that was three months ago when I preformed it for them! Smile
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
I respect EVERYONE'S input in this thread, but, quesion why there are so many questions in regards to the spectators. All the quesions refering to opinions from fellow magicians are all good and reasonable. But,if you live in a small town,as I do,I hear stuff about Blaine all the time. People think he's the greatest. Being laymen, I can't say I could blame them. As far as magicians we realize that David uses a ton of gimmicks to acheive his effects. Anyway, my point is, if you're wondering what your spectators will think, mention Blaine and get ready to hear the ranting begin. At least that's the way it is around here. Blaine kills laymen. If you purchase an effect like one that he performs,put in the time to perfect the presentation,you will kill laymen also. Just my opinion. Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Healed and Sealed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL