The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Hit The Road (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1563 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
Usually the normal teach a trick videos put me out faster than warm milk. Great product.

Brian

This happens all the time when I watch teaching video at night, and I agree with you! Smile

I am still waiting the DVD and I hope that it will arrive next week... Can someone here tell me whether I can learn some good card tricks and flourishes in this DVD?
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

http://rubiksdream.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Glad you liked the DVD. As you know, it took us a LOT longer to produce than we had hoped for but Paul, Lee, Steve Beattie, and I spent a LOT of back and forth time, discussions, and work on this. Thanks to all of those who helped behind the scenes... many many people involved in this. I'm very proud of the way it turned out.

Tim Trono
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Ambitious Card Freak, you can learn a TON of great card tricks and flourishes in this DVD. Lee Asher teaches his Yo! flourish, the Buck Twins have two great flourishy productions, as does Ashton Kneitel. And there is more from names like Earl Nelson, Steve Bean, and Allan Ackerman. Great flourishes and card tricks on this DVD! Worth it just for the performances. Smile
magicproshop
View Profile
New user
MagicProShop
46 Posts

Profile of magicproshop
This DVD is full of great effects and some very cool flourish cuts. This is one of the best produced DVDs I have seen yet. Murphy's Magic Supplies produced this DVD and it is up to their normal HIGH standard.

Here are some of the effects on the DVD.
=======================================
Alain Nu vanishes a silk without the use of prosthetics

The Buck Twins tip two of their signature routines

Alan Ackerman fries another victim

Earl Nelson teaches a classic production from "Variations"

David Regal makes a baffling prediction

Dean Dill matrixes with anything you like

Ashford Kneitel finds four ladies with his "card compass"

Steve Beam spirals and slices

Nathan Kranzo makes coins vanish and appear without getting burned!

PLUS six excellent effects from Paul Wilson and Lee Asher A selection rises out of any deck-then finds its three mates!

A deck of cards ribbon spreads in mid-air!

The magician blows the whole trick-then recovers with a real kicker!

A pack seems to come alive as it is cut in the hands-yet nothing takes place!

Four aces are lost in the deck then found behind your back-instantly!

Four freely selected cards change-face-up-to the four aces!

==========================
I have also created a NEW video demo, availabe in both Quicktime and Windows Media format. I did my best to keep the files size down for the Dial-Up users but the files are still around 3MB.

Please let me know if you have trouble with the video demos.

==============================
NEW Hit the Road Demos
http://www.magicproshop.com/index.php?ac......p;id=559
==============================

Peter Whiteman
peterw@magicproshop.com
http://www.MagicProShop.com
Peter Whiteman
www.MagicProShop.com
mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
I have the vid and am disappointed. Parts were not very clear, and most were not taught from behind. The antics of Lee and Paul were corny, and I didn't think they were presentable at times. Lee stuffing his face with a donut was very gross.

As far as flourishes, the Bucks taught the TG Murphy deck flip which wasn't bad.

Lee's YO in my opinion isn't a flourish. It isn't useful for much of anything.

Like most magic videos, there was mostly unusable tricks, although I did enjoy two of them.

On the positive side, there was lots of content and discussions if you find those interesting.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4391 Posts

Profile of Paul
Hey Magicsponge, not related to Paul or Lee are you? lol. Did you see this before it was released? You said;
"The video is TOO GOOD to describe in words.
I don't know if it is being sold yet, but go to.."
Just wondered how independent that review was if you were in a position to see it before it was released. Never seen such a gushing review. Sounds like it will be up for an Oscar next year.Smile

However, I DID expect the DVD to be worthwhile. I stock in in the UK. But expect to sell out at Weston-Super-Mare this Sunday, The Bristol Day of Magic.

I guess I'm turning into a grumpy old sod with a dislike for hype.

Paul.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
732 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Well I just got it yesterday and after watching it I have to say I liked it. Smile
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
I just got this one yesterday and watched it last night. Definitely my favorite DVD of the year. The magic is good, but the history captured is priceless. Jules Lenier's and Earl Nelson's stories of the old days at the Castle were personal favorites. Worth the price, and then some.
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
495 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Not to Defend MagicSponge...

Paul says :<Hey Magicsponge, not related to Paul or Lee are you? lol. Did you see this before it was released? You said;
"The video is TOO GOOD to describe in words. I don't know if it is being sold yet, but go to.." Just wondered how independent that review was if you were in a position to see it before it was released. Never seen such a gushing review. Sounds like it will be up for an Oscar next year.>

Sponge got to see a copy in mid-August while I was in Canada (for camp that he attends) when it was still being edited.

Hope that clears up that question....

Cheers,
Lee Asher

ps. I am thrilled everyone is happy with this video. Thank you.
LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
The video wasn't always clear. Learning sometimes was efficient but not in others.
Most was pretty boring to me and I needed a nudge to wake up, but maybe it's just because I'm not into the people or the stories.

There were really only two effects that could work in my opinion.

The navigation seemed quirky to me.

On the good side, were lots of variety and the pool guy was really cool.

Cardjinx

Smile
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
For the video, I have to agree that it is NOT the greatest. Many lighting problems plague the DVD, and I was also turned off by their appearance and the way they handled themselves. Not professional. Reminded me of trailer park antics.

There was some interesting effects that I enjoyed. But all in all, I wished I kept my money. I was hoping for some great flourishes, but got none in return. TG Murphys move was good, the one the buck brothers used and taught. Yo is really a flourish?

This is my oppinion and review, take it or leave it. It is funny that when ever there is a less than positive review, people are accused of bashing. Just say "NO negative reviews of Lee Asher please". lol

J
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4391 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
"Most was pretty boring to me and I needed a nudge to wake up, but maybe it's just because I'm not into the people or the stories."

Ahhh, but the stories are a piece of history. Full marks to Paul and Lee for trying to do a different type of video/DVD and offer a little of something for most close uppers.

Personally I am more interested in great tricks than great flourishes. I've not seen many peple get booked for a programme of flourishes. The interesting thing about the Café is that the reviews often tell you more about the reviewer than the product! Smile

Yo? Well it ain't a trick so it must be a flourish Smile

Paul.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2289 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I think you should view the DVD as a chance to go on the road with them. It is fun, not always clear, simply good entertainment. Much like any time I have spent with Lee...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
So is this DVD top-heavy with flourishes? That's kind of the sense I'm getting. I'm not at all interested in flourishes. What I'm interested in are the stories, conversations, advice, and individual effects. Does it deliver in this?
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Marko... I think it does. As the name implies this is a road trip with Paul and Lee visiting with some of the finest magicians on the West Coast of the USA. It was never meant to be or purported to be a DVD/video on flourishes and I am not quite sure why anyone would even expect that. In my opinion it contains some important historical interviews with the likes of Steve Forte, Earl Nelson, Bruce Cervon, Dean Dill, etc. It was made to be fun, to be different, etc. My hats off to Lee and Paul.

As an aside, I have to say that a review saying "I didn’t like it" doesn't really do anyone any good. Criticism is good because it makes us hopefully grow but criticisms with no backing, no explanation, no specifics is rather pointless and irresponsible. It happens so often on these boards one should get used to it but I think it is rather weak and unproductive to be so general.

Anyway, I think you would actually be interested in it Marko based on what you said.

Tim
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Okay,
I own a magic shop in Fort Myers, so I get almost every DVD when they come out and view them. I also am not related to or have even met Lee Asher or Paul Wilson, but I do believe this DVD is the best DVD I have ever seen.

WHAT THE BEST YOU'VE EVER SEEN?? WHAT ABOUT *insert favorite Ammar video or other here*

Now on to my review, there are a couple routines here I found unusuable for me, but the majority are wonderful. Ackerman's is phenonmenal, as is Lee's, and the haunted card. I can't stress this video enough. It is not just flourishes, anyone who says this has simply not seen the video, there are a few flourishes, and I am glad there are, I like variety. But the majority are tricks. If you are on the fence, buy it. If you are at the point where you're convinced you won't like it, due to reviews, buy it. I have sold A LOT of these DVDs and NOT ONCE has ANYONE said they didnot like it. There is no other DVD that I would say that about, save Ammar's series, although this video takes you much deeper down the rabbit hole. I have two simple words for you, buy it. I believe so much in this video that I give it at a discounted price, because I want people to see it.

These are my two cents,

Joey Brummett
Fort Myers Magic and Entertainment
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
After reading it all after having annoyed Lee Asher with questions before and after the negaive reviews I definatly will be buying this I think the thing that sold me was the negative comments because I love stories I like seeing people less fake I am happy to hear the people on this video arn't smiling and wearing pirate shirts as they do there effects Smile (No offence to the pirate shirt people though I know how it is)

I will be ordering mine as soon as me check comes in!

Take care,
Kyle
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
495 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Hey if I were upset...I'd ask for my cash back.

I give a full refund to those that aren't satisifed with the DVD or Video as long as it was purchased from me. If you didn't purchase it from me...go ask you local magic dealer. Maybe he might be as generous as me.

Sorry if the DVD isn't your thing...I didn't really expect to satisfy 100% of the people. It was never my goal. My goal however was to shot something that was a lot of fun to watch, taught interesting material, and wasnt your standard magic project. If all this is against the law, I am guilty, arrest me and toss the key.

Look, you cant like everything. I don't like everything so its only natural to assume the same for others.

Chalk it up for a waste of your cash and resell that bad boy on ebay. There is nothing new here. Life is full of lessons....You just learned one.

Respectfully,
Lee Asher

GET IT RIGHT HERE AT http://www.LeeAsher.com
LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
I have heard nothing but the best stuff about this from people who I truly trust and I can't wait to get my hands on in the mean time I will read this ongoing topic. Lee you willing to refund those unpleased with the video is more then generous and very sldom seen in the magic world cudos! This is but another reson to when possible buy directly from the artist.

Take care,
Kyle
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Hmmm...I love his DVD for two reasons:

1. The performance of Dai Vernon's Four Ace Trick. That rocks.

2. The fact that I'm IN the video! See the explanation portion of "Hollywood Magic". I'm the tall, blond, balding fellow watching the demonstrator.

Buy this DVD! Make me famous.

Randy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Hit The Road (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL