The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Chop Cup suggestion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Im looking for a SOLID chop cup... the ones I have are thin and just not up to being beat around. I got a RNT2 cup - one of the SBLs but its not as solid as I hoped. I going to keep that for more showy type work.

Any suggestions on where to find a solid thick walled cup in hopefully a steel, silver color, or alum look?

Hey Kozmo - your chop cup seemed like a solid chunk of metal - do you recall where you picked it up?
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5411 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I'm coming out with my own chop cup soon...they will be TANKS and yes my cup is a tank...its made by jum riser...mine will be the same ecept the lip is a little larger and the magnet goes across the entire top of the cup $250

koz
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Nice!

you keep coming out with great stuff.

You da man.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1469 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Mark,
If you can lay your hands on the RNT II Don Alan in stainless steel with the bronze liner, you will have a chop cup that is almost indestructible.
"But there isn't a door"
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Frank sells Cellini chop cups from time to time. I have one & they are tanks.

The only problem (and it's a deal-breaking problem) is that the taper of the cup prevents a standard chop cup move for working balls larger than 1/2"

The cup works fine in a combo cup routine (which it was designed for)...but falls short as a stand alone chop cup IFF you require that move in your routine.

(Think: 2 balls goes in and non-chopped ball comes out...no-can-do with the Cellini cup and 7/8" balls)
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
I have used a Johnson for a few years and it has bounced down the street more than a few times. Still working fine and the price works. I am looking forward to Kozmo's chop cup but till then....
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Van Dokkum Chicken sized chop cup is the strongest one but you will have to strengthen the wrists to use it !
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Kozmo uses a Jim Riser cup but I don't know if they are still available.
A great cup though. The ickle pickle widemouth might be a nice cup. It's lightweight aluminum but seems pretty good and cheap. The other ickle pickle cup is also aluminum but not too bad.

Van Dokkum cups are tanks. Beautiful tanks.

As kondini states... Very heavy. Look what happened to him when he used one.
He's still in traction, as you can see.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
I got a Riser cup, beautiful.

Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Chop Cup suggestion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL