The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What are your closers for Cards and Balls Manipulations? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
What do you guys use to end your routines? I'm still thinking of one for my card manipulations and I use snow storm for my billard balls routine. After changing from 4 balls to 1, the last ball melts into a shower of snow. Care to share some of your ideas? Smile
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
I am working on my stage routine with cards and balls also. I am using a diminishing deck for the ending of the card routine, where you shrink the cards several times until they vanish. When I have them at the smallest size I am going to turn them into a snowstorm, like you are doing with your ball. I found a huge card castle on ebay that is about 4 feet tall that I am going to throw in there somewhere.

As for the ball routine, I am not sure how to end that yet. I have a fakini diminishing ball where it gets smaller until it's gone, but it's too close to the diminishing deck. Not sure yet. Let me know how it goes for you. Take care,

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
Glasgow, Scotland
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Cards from mouth ends my card routine. Although I may purchase a pair of Tony Clark's Jumbo Card Fan productions to do before it, then completely out of the blue pull a stream of cards from my mouth.
Kevin
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
I'm also thinking of ending with cards from mouth, and perhaps shooting cards into the audience. I wanted to use an appearing cane as a closer but decided to put it as an opener for the whole show instead. For the balls routine, I wanted to change it into an egg and break it into a glass, but that may lead people to think I've been handling eggs all the while. Hmm..

para, don't you think using diminishing sequences for both cards and balls will be a little boring and repetitive for the show in the whole? Why not try something different? Like streamers or something?
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
Glasgow, Scotland
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Ball to Kabuki Streamer, or if the ball is red you can get red throw streamers at http://www.ronjo.com. It adds an exclamation mark at the end of the routine, saying 'thats me done'

Smile
Kevin
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5708 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
It would be a very nice call back for a magician to take every thing he produces and make it diminish into oblivion. Not a snowstorm every time but the balls could turn into pure light (D'lite)

Instead of a cane vanishing in a flash, you diminish it into nothing. The diminishes would need to be less showy, ex. have fewer "show it slightly dimmished" poses.

At some point the audience is going to wonder what you are going to make vanish next. SO, why are things appearing and why do you vanish them when you are done. That is for you answer but here is one.

The cane appears to open the show and help you do magic. At the end of the show you are done so you sqeeze the cane away into nothingness.

Smile

Tom
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Card routine- cards from mouth then slam them down on a table to a card castle.

Ball routine- dancing pool que
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Right now I close my ball manipulation with diminishing ball. It works for me. Smile
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
For cards I would say the interlock production.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Hey guys... get creative...

For my ending to cards...I have a huge burst of light and then a huge fan of jumbo cards....

For my ball manip I end with changing the last ball into a parakeet.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
I use the billiard ball climax, never fails to get a great reaction.

Smile
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Billard ball climax, is that the flash four production?

I think Jumbo cards production for an ending is a nice and powerful way to end a routine, maybe I'll try it out.

Anyone using streamers or flying cards?
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
Glasgow, Scotland
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Quote:
Billard ball climax, is that the flash four production?

Yes, Billiard Ball Climax and Flash Four Production are the same thing Magic_streak.
Kevin
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
All right, thanks Scot! Have you seen Jeff Daniels perform his manipulation ball act? He was standing by a river and his act ended with the flash four and a rose between his lips. Cool Stuff!! Smile
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
After producing 4 balls, I produce a 5th ball, and then immediately produce the Ball Climax...bam, bam, bam.

Audience reactions are great! The Ball Climax is a wonderful applause cue.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
delpfin
View Profile
New user
Poland
53 Posts

Profile of delpfin
I making balls multiply in sequence with cigarettes. I make balls appear from cigarette smoke and disappear in cigarete smoke.

At the end, I make a flash from cigarettes and produce a big cigar.
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Quote:
On 2003-05-22 04:35, delpfin wrote:
I making balls multiplication in sequence with cigarette. I appear bals from cigarete smoke end disapear ball in cigarete smoke.
At ending i make flash from cigarete and produce big cigar.

Now that's something new - - interesting. Smile
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I close my card routine by doing two one-handed roll outs of eight cards total, then I turn with my back to the audience. When I turn back around, I am wearing a Japanese Kabuki mask.

I close my ball routine with a simple vanish of the final ball, giving it closure.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I like these ideas being posted, but must admit they all have been done to death before. With the exception of a few, they are all a bit redundant.

With this said, lets think creative. Let's think outside of this box of what has been done or tried before and venture into new grounds for manipulation acts and closers for acts.

Why must we always end by doing a snowstorm or streamer or jumbo cards or card castle? Not to say any of these are wrong, but there certainly has to be more out there that has not been explored yet.

Let me also put this out on the table. Why must all manip. acts just be a straightforward showing of skill? Why can't a manip. act be done with a clear cut idea and theme around it. In fact, why can't a manip. act have a reason for being performed instead of a simple, " Look what I can do," attitude?

This can lead us into many areas for discussion and I hope it sparks a lot of feeedback and gets the ideas flowing.

Just for starters on this idea, why can't the billard ball become something more then just a ball? Can't this object become something different then what we say it is?

A ball could become different things such as:
- A lollipop. Add a stick to the bottom of the ball and wrap the ball with some flash paper. Simply take this up and unwrap it. The stick falls off and the ball falls to the ground. Heartbroken the paper gets burned and in a flash another one appears in your hand.

- A Musical note - Why not have a musical note shown on a black board. The board shows this white musical note. You peel off the bottom section of the note and magically it turns into a 3-d naote. Maybe whenever this gets vanished, the music stops along with it. Maybe this becomes manipulation of music.

These ideas are not ment to be concrete, but more to serve as an example of how a manip. act could become something so much more than the norm we see today.

I hope that this will help us all to think creatively in regards to our endings and open us up to better and brighter ideas.

I can be reached for immediate feedback at magic4u02@aol.com. I hope to hear from some of you on this.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24064 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2003-07-26 21:46, magic4u02 wrote:
*I like these ideas being posted, but must admit they all have been done to death before.

**Let's think outside of the box

***Why must we always end by doing a snowstorm or streamer or jumbo cards or card castle?

****Why must all manip. acts just be a straightforward showing of skill?
Why can't a manip. act be done with a clear cut idea and theme around it.

*****" Look what I can do," attitude?

*Kyle, I see nothing wrong with their post.
There are millions of spectators who still haven't seen their endings before.

**Not me, I'm staying inside the box of entertainment with magic.

***We don't all end our act that way.

****But Kyle, I swear many manipulation acts do have a theme. I was also entertained by acts with no theme.

*****But Kyle, you should look at we can do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What are your closers for Cards and Balls Manipulations? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL