The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » More Legends...Mark Wilson, Nani & Rebo! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Mark Wilson & Company - Colon, Michigan 1962
Enjoy Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhp9187O-TQ
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
You just had to revive my old crush on Nani, didn't you Smile
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Another great clip Rick, thanks for that!
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Yea, JROB - I had crush on her and Sherrie of Tom & Sherrie...Smile ---- boy am I telling my age!

www.fabmagic.com
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Here is another clip of Mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFRTL6vGEYc Sure brings back some memories. I would like to get the DVD's to watch more of it. My friend Vicky Swayze was in one of those and I would like to see her in it.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
By the way, that kid doing the egg bag with Mark in the first clip is on social security now. LOL. You did not have to revive my old crush on Nani, I never gave it up from when it started back in 1953. And she's every bit as beautiful today as she was then. Great clips!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Mine only goes back to 61-62. When Allakazam left the air I didn't see much of her anymore so it would go dormant until she resurfaced again...and again...and again.Smile
Between her and Shari Lewis I never stood a chance as a kid.
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 09:31, Rick Fisher wrote:
Yea, JROB - I had crush on her and Sherrie of Tom & Sherrie...Smile ---- boy am I telling my age!

Alas, I don't remember Tom and Sherrie
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
By the way, to me the pictures of Nani in Complete Course in Magic more than justified the price.
As Henny Youngman once said, (to the effect) "46 years and still in love with the same woman. If my wife ever finds out she'll kill me".
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Nani has held up much better than Mark!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
OHCollector
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of OHCollector
Weren't Tom & Sherrie the dove workers from Dayton, Ohio? Denny Haney told me about them when I was in his shop in Las Vegas last year. Are they still living?
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Hello - yes they had a terrific fast paced dove act...Tom is a furniture salesman in Dayton and Sherrie passed away several years ago. Tom has since re - married and has been known to frequent Haines House of Cards now and then.

www.fabmagic.com
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
You remembering sherrie lewis made me think back to the old Ed Sullivan show and it reminded me of another great puppet character, Topo Gigio

Loved that mouse!
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
"Oh, Topo Gigio." Reminds me of the movie The Santa Claus.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I remember the first time I saw Nani in person, back in the early 50's when they were still doing Time for Magic on local TV in Dallas. They were doing weekly supermarket appearances. I went up and gave her the poof of purchase for the carton of Dr. Pepper and package of Neuhauff franks that my Mom had bought so I could get the promotional magic wand and magic trick.

I thought there could be no lovlier lady on the face of the earth. Come to think of it the last time I saw Nani about a year ago, I thought the exact same thing.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Nani once chewed me out about an article I wrote for the TAOM program in 2000, because I mentioned how much Bev Bergeron had contributed to the show. She made it very clear to me that Alan Wakeling had done more work than Bev.

Bev did contribute a lot, though.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I had the opportunity to help solving a business misunderstanding between George Proust and Mark Wilson about rights on the Mark Wilson's Course in Magic. The toughest negotiation was with Nani Darnell for even at an older age than the photographs generally show her, she was still gorgious, had still a tremendous charm and knew about it (yet remaining an extremely tough negotiator).
I loved the lady's character. Really a special person.
It would be a hard contest to have to chose between her and Moi-Yo-Miller (Dante's spectacular assistant) whether in terms of look, intelligence or personality.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
I came across an old Genni magazine from 1976 that Mark and Nani were gracious enough to sign for me. It took a little longer to get it back then expected… Nani gave me a phone call to apologize for the delay, Mark and Nani had forgotten about that issue and took some time reading it. It was a pleasure to speak with Mark and Nani, they are real nice people. I was a little tongue tied speaking to Mark, it is not every day that you get a phone call from your hero.

Thanks,
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » More Legends...Mark Wilson, Nani & Rebo! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL