The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Agent61 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I know after most of you read this you'll want me kicked out of here, but today is the 71st Birthday of my all time favorite recording artist, The last Mad Man of Rock and Roll, Paul Revere. He still plays hundreds of shows a year with his band the Raiders. They had a television show back in the 60's called "Where The Action Is". As many of you know, Paul Revere and The Raiders dress up in colonial style outfits complete with tr1-corn hats. So my guess is Agent61 must be a Raiders fan. Anyway, Happy Birthday Paul, and if any of you guys get bored take a look at Paul's website, they do a heck of a lot for the Veterans, which is really neat. They sell cd's and dvd's after thier shows and 100% of the money goes to various veteran groups.
Bob.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I worked in the music biz and it's impossible for the artist to keep all money from swag sales. Usual split is 80% artist, 20% house. It could vary but there is never a 100% for the artist...that I know of, or have ever seen.

As far as 61 goes...he's the man!
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
A thread in my name?!?! Whoo-hoo!!

I'll be honest Bob, although I like Paul Revere and the Raiders I was originally
just looking for a pirate hat and came across this one (I presently have 35 different hat-avatars ready to go cuz' I'm a loser like that lol).

Oh and Justin, no YOU da man! Smile
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Justin, you may be right. I most likely misunderstood the way it was explained, it must be after the house gets it cut the rest goes to the veterans.
Bob.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
The music biz is vicious, believe me.

I can tell you stories of FIGHTS over the merchandise. Leon Russell, Aretha Franklin, were two of the funniest that I can remember off the top of my head.

Leon quickly slipped out the back door, jumped into his van and was half way to Philly before anyone realized he split with all the merch money.

But just as a regular negotiation, artist's managers would ALWAYS argue over the split.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Agent61 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL