We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » On The Spot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Is Magicsmith the company that produced the VHS tapes? If Magicsmith is just the dealer, then I don't think they could help us. We would have to target Gregory Wilson himself I think, I bet it would be his decision as to whether or not they are released on DVD. If anyone has any ideas on where to write to request this DVD, please let us know!! There are a lot of magicians who would LOVE to own this material on a DVD.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I think VHS if fine for this set of tapes. I think they are among the best value in magic.

DVDs are really needed for encyclopedia type stuff or things that require excellent slo-mo quality.

Nothing on these tapes requries any difficult slights.

I bought the tapes after seeing his lecture, which, to date, is the best magic lecture I've ever seen.
He was there for about 4 hours doing wonderful stuff that you felt you could do yourself. No expensive props, no wild presentations that don't suit your personality.

His video is just very usable stuff done in an impromptu real-world setting.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
UNREAL
View Profile
New user
Bronx, NY
77 Posts

Profile of UNREAL
Yea Frank i agree with you. By the way ive had these videos for about a week now and really love them. The effects are so powerful and there are enough to keep you busy...ive only started workin on about 3 i have a few more i wanna practice. i have a question though to those who have it...How do you guys find that "off beat" moment for head trip. i sometimes get caught with it. anyyhing that u tell the person or do to get them in that off beat zone greg talks about.
"There is no spoon."
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
& Special Guest
419 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Frank the main point where I don't agrre with is that VHS quality is low and it alters rapidly with time. After a lot of viewings the quality drops and VHS are very easily altered. You don't have this problem with DVD and you can gring the DVD with you do watch it on your laptop PC when you travel.
That's why I allways get DVD material when I can.
The simplest of schoolchildren now knows truths for which Archimedes would have given his life...
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
318 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I agree one hundred percent with Cardfan. I find DVD formats sooo much easier. I can with a click of a button rewatch the move over and over again, without having to rewind it and then play it. And not to mention with VHS it's almost like each time you do play it you are slowly but surely wearing out your investment. When I have to buy thing on VHS I just hook them up to my comp and burn them to a CDR. That way in effect it's the same as DVD. But I'm restricted to my comptuer. It would be lovely if I did have DVD burner.
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » On The Spot (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL