The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Knitting Needle Counter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Here's an idea that I posted under "We double-dare you" that I got to thinking might have better been posted under this bizzare fourm:

Just took a look at my wife's knitting needle counter for counting rows of knitting. It goes from 00 to 99 and is manually changed as you complete/start a row of knitting.

How about showing a counter that is set to 00, stick it on a knitting needle and stick the knitting needle into a ball of yarn or an uncompleted piece of knitting. Ask a spectator to name a number between 00 and 99. After he names the number, very cleanly remove the counter and hand it to the spectator. It is his predicted number!!

Anybody think of a way to incorporate this into a bizzare effect?

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Only if my great (and twisted) Aunt Salvia managed to complete the dreaded sweater of doom on those needles as well! (since many new needles are hollow, this should be a do-able feat...) Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Bleeding needle from hell...Smile
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
Wasn't there someone that knitted the names of those beheaded during the French revolution? I'm sure you could bend the story to have her simply keeping a tally of the heads.
What is the color of magic?
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-05-02 16:00, kaytracy wrote:
Only if my great (and twisted) Aunt Salvia managed to complete the dreaded sweater of doom on those needles as well! (since many new needles are hollow, this should be a do-able feat...) Smile

Thanks, everyone for the feedback on this post.

Kaytracy, I'm a little puzzled about your comment about knitting needles being hollow? Are you implying a "Needle thru Arm" effect being incorporated into the use of the knitting needle counter for a dual effect?

Thanks again for the info.

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Seance
View Profile
Veteran user
Talking on the other side with
395 Posts

Profile of Seance
Dr. Mage,

I believe that was Madame DeFarge, a character in Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities, who knitted. There is enough in that book to get ideas for a lot of bizarre stories, the guillotine, star-crossed lovers, evil men and women, etc. Classic novel!
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Turk, I sent you a PM on my thought, as I do try not to give things away totally on the board! More like putting the needles into the "basket, and pulling them out with a finished, or partial (even the names knitted onto them) item in place! Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Knitting Needle Counter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL