The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » "do you want these?...." (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3225 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-01-15 01:15, acephale wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-14 04:51, Bill Palmer wrote:
During the Great Folk Music Scare of the 1960's, I told a friend of mine that I had met and played for Lightnin' Hopkins, who was one of the great blues guitar players of that era.

Holy crap, you played for Lightnin' Hopkins? Someday I'm going to have to buy you drinks. Plus I figure you for a Von Ronk type of guy with the Folk Music Scare phrase.

On the topic, last year when we were traveling the news was showing a story about the worst tourists. I can't remember if it was hostel workers that were surveyed so it might not have been the same one, but the ranking went Brits first, then Germans. Americans came out fourth or fifth which caused us to breathe a sigh of relief.

Ugh! Foreigners in American hostels are the worst... Wretched folk, from my experience. Every single bloody last one of them! (except the ones that were not...)
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3225 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-01-14 12:14, Frank Starsini wrote:
Some say to dress like you "need money".
I'm not sure what she was wearing but clearly this incident gives credence to the opposite approach.

For the record, she was wearing some pretty hot "burner" wear. I was digging it, at least....
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
[/quote]

Ugh! Foreigners in American hostels are the worst... Wretched folk, from my experience. Every single bloody last one of them! (except the ones that were not...)
[/quote]
LOL
Hernan
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
126 Posts

Profile of Hernan
I like left-overs
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2756 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'm certain she didn't mean anything negative about it. She was probably taking those things home for herself and thought she'd give it to someone else.

If this sort of thing bothers you, you might want to read the opening of Harlan Ellison's "New York Review of Bird" which takes his nom de plume (Cordwainer Bird) and makes him an action hero nephew to The Shadow!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3225 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 06:48, Hernan wrote:
I like left-overs

Hernan, don't make me beat you! Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2756 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Then you'll get the Masters of the Universe on your case! Smile
Ain't life unkind?"
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3225 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-01-18 12:28, ed rhodes wrote:
Then you'll get the Masters of the Universe on your case! Smile

LOL! Smile

HERNAN, not heman (although he is quite a stud, ladies. But I'm pretty sure he's married...)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2756 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I swear the "r" and the "n" ran together! I even looked up at "hernan's" avatar and it looked like "heman" there too!
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » "do you want these?...." (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL