The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pendragons New Illusion DVD set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
I just ran across this at the l&l site: http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2574

It's sounds awesome. They are tipping their subtrunk methods and cloth handling.
I can't wait until I get it.

"Stage illusionists historically have been extremely secretive about their craft. Not just about the secrets to the illusions themselves— the mechanics are just a small part—but about the real secrets of what turns a stage illusion into a breathtaking moment of pure magic.

Now, for the first time ever on video, Jonathan and Charlotte Pendragon, the “First Couple” of magic and perhaps the greatest exponents of grand illusion ever to grace a stage, lift away the veil and show you the real secrets of stage illusion —the insider information that could only be gained by performing in over 50 countries for the last quarter of a century.

Keep in mind that while these unprecedented DVDs are not so much about the illusions as much as the illusionists (in other words, there are no building plans included though the secret sare frequently disclosed and discussed), Jonathan and Charlotte share their personal philosophy of performing and the inspirations that led to the creation of their most famous illusions. You’ll also learn about the importance of transition effects, choreography, staging and a myriad of other details about how to stage a professional illusion show that only a handful of people in the world are truly capable of sharing. Electrifying live performance footage of the illusions is interspersed with discussions about them with both Jonathan and Charlotte. Also included as bonus material is a fascinating interview with Jonathan by magician Patrick Martin.

This four-volume DVD set will be fascinating for all who love magic. However, for those who actually perform—or aspire to perform—grand illusion, they’re absolutely priceless."

Volume 1
2 hours 18 minutes

THE HINDU BASKET
Introduction
History & Concepts
Why Not To Use Fire
Sword Choice And Safety
Basic Swordsmanship
The Foulard
How To Get Into The Basket
Placing The Swords In The Basket

COLOR OF EMOTION
Introduction and Concepts
Materials, Preparation and Presentation

THE SHADOW BOX
The Work

CLEARLY IMPOSSIBLE
History and Discussion

BONUS MATERIAL

An in-depth interview with Jonathan Pendragon by Patrick Martin (Part 1)

Volume 2
2 hours 10 minutes

METAMORPHOSIS
History
Trunk Props
Foulard
Trunk
Costume Change
In And Out Of Bag
Trunk Switch
Hourglass
Split Foulard
Safety

BONUS MATERIAL
An in-depth interview with Jonathan Pendragon by Patrick Martin (Part 2)

Volume 3
2 hours 10 minutes

THE LINKING RINGS
The Linking Rings Explanation
The Linking Rings Timing And Safety

SANDS OF EGYPT
Sands Of Egypt Explanation

THE KELLAR ROPE TIE
The Kellar Rope Tie Explanation

HEAD TWISTER
Demonstration And Explanation

THE WORLD’S GREATEST FEET OF MAGIC
Performance And Explanation

BONUS MATERIAL
An in-depth interview with Jonathan Pendragon by Patrick Martin (Part 3)

Volume 4
2 hours 12 minutes

THE BROOM SUSPENSION
(SWORD SUSPENSION)
History
Harness Explanation
Demonstration
The Hoop

LEVITATION
360 Degree Levitation Discussion
360 Degree Levitation Demonstration
360 Degree Levitation Hoop Passes

THE IMPALEMENT
Advice
Description
Demonstration

THE ELECTION
Introduction And History
Blammo And Explanation
Leg Drop Switch

INTERLUDE
Interlude History
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
How did I miss this? Sounds great - thanks for the link Tim.
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
This sounds really cool. Seems like like its going to be a very interesting DVD. Can't wait to see it.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
This does sound interesting, and I did not realize they were putting this out. Excellent information, I am sure.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Does anyone know if murphys will be carrying it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcdtiE5UbC0
-Matt
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I don't own a single illusion, don't ever plan on performing an illusion. Will I be picking thse up? You bet your bippy. Jonathan's knowledge can be utilized in any branch of magic. Plus, Char is hot.
GERRIT
View Profile
New user
Fulda, Germany
50 Posts

Profile of GERRIT
This sounds intersting. Hope somebody in Europe will sell it.
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
But I am curious how are made these dvd's I mean Jonathan show the real interlude or the real levitation apparatus like mask jerk ?
I imagine that is about the presentation and other aspects but did he show the apparatus like in M M series
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
It says Interlude history. The levitation says discussion and demonstration. I am assuming the hoop passes are ones that can be applied to many different levitations. The hoop pass he does for the pole levitation is incredible. I saw it live and could not believe it.

I don't think L&L would put their reputation and business on the line by revealing illusions that have to be bought from an authorized builder.
-Matt
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I've been waiting for this for a long long time! Even told the pendragons that they should come up with something like this in a post long ago.( They're on the Café) I'm really happy this is out. Just ordered the 4 volume set! WHOOOOO!
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
I just got this fyi
Date Ordered: Monday 12 January, 2009

The comments for your order are

Pendragons should be in stock 01/19/2009 will ship ASAP
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
L&L has a special that if you order more than $100 you get the Greg Wilson in Action dvd set for free. Good timing for all who want to pick up the Pendragon set. Double of what you're paying for.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Magictim, a lot of their specials have ended (just before the new releases) would be interested if this offer is still on. I will check, but in meantime do you have link?

Blair
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
http://www.llpub.com/ is the address that appears when I click the link from the email they sent me. The special was listed on my invoice.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Thank-you.

Blair

(P.S. I wasn't there when I looked before, so not sure what's up, maybe my end!)
aboycemagic
View Profile
Regular user
New York
153 Posts

Profile of aboycemagic
I want to by it
euroillusion
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of euroillusion
This will be fantastic for anyone wanting to perform direct powerful strong illusions. I'm sure their insight will be invaluable. Just look at the 1980s Best of Magic series and you can see how ahead of their time the Pendragons were! Some are very simple (in terms of plot and presentation) but just so powerful pieces of illusion. Have you seen the midair suspension vanish? Incredible...
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
They should be in stock and shipping tomorrow and saturday, I'm getting anxious.
wanmagic
View Profile
Regular user
tulsa, ok
185 Posts

Profile of wanmagic
I just talked with Charlotte and she indicated that the illusions like 360 levi, interlude, and impaled etc are tips for those who have them. The 360 levi and Clearly impossible one will still need to purchase performing rights from them if you are going to do them. Just FYI for the group.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey guys,
I just viewed the DVD’s. They are GREAT!!! Some of the best money you will ever spend if you are a stage / parlor / platform performer. The tips and advice alone are well worth the price of the DVD’s!
My highest recommendation!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pendragons New Illusion DVD set (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.57 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL