The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins and Cloth Routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Hey guys,
Any favorite coin and cloth/silk routines....so far my favorite has been cloth and pence from Chris Kenner's book Totally Out of Control... I really like the three coin vanish and reappearance type sequences....anyone know of or perform others like this?
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Man I haven't pick up a silk and a coin together in years and I don't know why I love having props when I do coin magic. I think its time to see what I can do with this. Thanks for the reminder.
The Captain
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Tim thanks for sharing, and you don't seem to be alone -
wilst scurrying through david roth's massive coin works and even Dr. Sawa's new six dvd set their seems to be no coin and cloth work.....i have plenty all ready from gary kurtz and Michael Ammar but it would be nice to seem some new ideas if people thought of some......
since I perform mostly in a parlour setting, that's the best kind of coin magic I can perform with everyone being able to see it

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
You might want to check out Tom Stone's routine. Beautifully choreographed and with a great ending.

Mabuhay from Manila!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Gang,
I have A Siver/Brass Tranpo Routine Called Thanks To Kapps! It's in my Book " Silver and the Pasteboards" Latter gang!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Vernon Chronicles, Volume One.

This particular effect was developed by Vernon, who incorporated ideas by himself and Tenkai. Vernon taught the routine to Kaps, who changed parts of it to fit his style. Vernon also taught it to Bruce Cervon, whose ideas also appear in the aforementioned Chronicles book.

Also check out the Jack Chanin production with a silk in The New Modern Coin Magic.

I Like the Kenner routine, but I think the Vernon routine is more magical. Take a look at it if you can.

-KM
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Hi!
Generally I don't like linking silks/cloths with coins. Maybe except of one production.
But. Yes, there is but;P I have one routine based on my thoughts Smile (and I don't do it)

I think it's time to consider it one more time... Smile
UK Close-up and cabaret magician based in Scotland - www.radekmakar.co.uk
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Rannie good to see you again its been a while! And I have heard many good things about tom stone's routine....almost picked up the DVD last night just for that. Karl, I have that book, I'll relook at the routine!

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Chanin's cloth and coin production rings a smile on this coin guys face.

It can also ring in other things depending on the routine.

It was a pleasure to see him work when I was starting in magic and knew next to nothing.

These days I know even less.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I've always been partial to this one...very magical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S9pavdVRKw
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Profile of narcoleptic_insomniac
I forget where, but I saw a really nice Miser's Dream-esque routine a while back... I will try to dig it up.

~ Kyle

P.S. That Osmosis effect is pretty slick; thanks for the link MB!
Radmak
View Profile
Loyal user
Aberdeen, UK
272 Posts

Profile of Radmak
Yes, magical and easy Mb, thanks Smile
UK Close-up and cabaret magician based in Scotland - www.radekmakar.co.uk
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Smooth and very magical looking!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Go back to the basics - 2 GREAT routines found right in Bobo, presentations and variations of which can be found on the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series in the Copper Silver volumes. Volume six as a routine called Smooth as Silk by Mike Gallo. Se also the Roth Ultimate Coin Magic DVD vol 2 put out by L&L - an entire section on coins and silk. GREAT routine by Mike Ammar - Coins Through Silk, in Encore Three. Don't forget a nice routine of Al Schneider found on his website. That list should get you started.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Mb thank you for posting! I have to admit the first penetration fooled me Smile

God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
And thanks for the list Mike! I'm going to go pull out my roth videos again!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins and Cloth Routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL