The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » A Unique Experience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Hey guys and gals,
I wanted to share with you all a most interesting evening. I was all set to perform at a Relay for Life Cancer Walkathon at the local rec department. I set up my table at centerfield on the softball field and was ready to go as soon as the lights cut back on after the candle lighting ceremony ... and then ... it happened.

There were hundreds of people there, news reporters, children from toddlers to college, and lots and lots of parents. It was too good to be true. Right before I start, they announce that the whole thing is cancelled and that a severe storm is approaching.

Well, I was disappointed to say the least, but I performed a few tricks for some kids while I was packing up, when all of a sudden, the wind picked up ... picked up tables, tents, and everything else. There was no warning, it went from 0-60mph in a couple of seconds. I was able to get most of my supplies packed up before it hit, and everything else had to be left.

I went back after I got the first load in my car and was able to get my table (barely, it almost blew me over) and a few more props that had blew away, so I was very blessed because a lot of people's booths and supplies were completely destroyed.

Needless to say it was quite the experience to be in such a thunderstorm with such powerful wind— next year I will most definitely check the weather beforehand! Thankfully, I didn't see any people who were hurt, which is a blessing indeed.

Ya'll have a great day.

Chad
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Chad,

What an experience! Too bad you lost some of your stuff. However, you had a nice perspective on things when you saw you were lucky that you or others weren't hurt.

Perhaps you can joke about the last show you performed that "really blew people away".

>>made feeble attempt at humor. Smile
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
Your obviously not a mentalist or you would have seen it coming. Smile

Glad you got through it OK, it was nightmare.

Did you still get paid? I have a clause in my contract that says I still have to be paid even if the event is cancelled due to bad weather.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Nope Emazdad,
I didn't get paid since this was a fundraiser. It was a great opportunity for free publicity though and I was still able to talk to a lot of people and hand out a bunch of cards before the storm hit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » A Unique Experience (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.77 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL