The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Increase Page Rank Free (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Thanks Mike, I just signed up
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I am still an unknown
ferrismagic
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of ferrismagic
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
737 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Ferris,,
no.. read back about 5 posts
this does not work
and if it did would endanger your website of being blacklisted (manually removed from google by google for SPAM)
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Google is sending me a post card with a pin number on it to insert in my online application
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
737 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Yeah that's one way they verify that it is a real listing... there is a ton of spam in the listing where people make up addresses to try to get multiple listings.. (I've seen a bunch of that in the locksmith category)
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Mike you are correct. Locksmiths and plumbers where building over 100 websites each (if you can believe one plumber in your state doing that it true!) they would then have fake address for each city in there area. We had a guy here in Colorado with over 100 websites for his one plumbing company. Each site was linked to a seperate Google Places page which he used a fake address for. he got caught then switched to po boxes but now Google has blocked that too!

Now the big thing is creating "link juice" using what known as a "link wheel"

Google use to allow you to call in and verify for Google Places with a phone number but now they only allow pins sent to a real address.

Mike they won't even allow you to send them to PO Boxes anylonger. I don't like the idea of having my home address being used but it appears that or a commercial building is the only option now.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 11:12, MikeClay wrote:
He doesn't do his own SEO, and farms it out to "NEMO" one of the most aggressive Black Hat SEO gurus out there..

DO you have a link to these guys I might pay them to help me.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
737 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
I know a few of them.. and have helped in a few of their launches (which is how I know about Perry) and have helped with testing new software with them..

as far as hiring them.. they start at 10k a month for a min of 12 months..

shoot me an email Michael.clay@gmail.com and we will talk about what you need..

link juice is easy (=

I'm a part time pro. entertainer but run a consulting and marketing firm full time
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I'm clicking away. Here's mine: http://www.AmazingMagicCo.net

Thanks!!
Dan.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
737 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
LOL...

I give up lol
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7376 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I believe you, Mike. And I believe all of the others who also said likewise. (I can't believe the number of people who either don't believe it, or didn't read the mythbusting posts.)

You'll notice that I posted my links to make a point. Not so I could "increase page rank" by getting lots of visits from other magicians, because it doesn't work that way.

Now, it's certainly fine to share a link to your site if you want to. Let other magician friends get to know you better through your website. However, I don't buy into the notion that it's some miracle idea.

Also, it makes little sense to me that some magicians would post a single link to their site hoping for some page rank miracle, when they could put an active link to their website in their Café signature, and end up with hundreds or thousands of inbound links (a link at the bottom of each of their posts... past and present). Look at all of the performers on this thread who don't have their website in their signature.

Another thing that I never saw discussed was how long you wanted the visit to your website for. I understand that counts for something, too, when the visit comes after a google search.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Donald,

I'm not certain, but I don't believe the signatures each count as a link. I believe that is seen as coding. Mike?

Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7376 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I don't just mean volume of links. Although, I understand it, many forums have links that are "nofollow", but I don't think that the Magic Café is one of them.

I also mean that they are more likely to be seen and clicked on, because you've participated in many threads.

I'm sure that Mike will set me straight, if I'm off base.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
737 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
The 1st link to a domain on a page is the one that passes weight..
so if you have a page here on the Café.. having 3 links to your site in your footer with different anchor text doesn't mean anything..
the 1st one is the one that passes weight..

so if the first link on EVERY page of your website to your site says "HOME" the weight and relevance of your site is now.. "Home"
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 16:15, Donald Dunphy wrote:
they could put an active link to their website in their Café signature, and end up with hundreds or thousands of inbound links (a link at the bottom of each of their posts... past and present).

But does the first link in EVERY signature that appears on the Café have weight? Or is it a code that simply directs to your signature containing the link? In which case - a hundred posts would still only carry a single link of weight.

My understanding was they did not...

Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
737 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Ok..

the 1st link to each domain passes weight...

how much weight is dictated by how many links

so lets run through the numbers

header of this page has 15 links (only the 1st link with text passes weight back to TMC so the one passing weight has the anchor text of "edit profile")

then the thread begins...
Howies 1st link to his site passes weight the rest do not.. same for everyone else..

the volume of weight is

Page Rank (actual not published) / # of total links on the page
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
737 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
And just to clear it up it's per page... Search engines don't index entire sites they index pages based off of value and weight..
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Does anyone have an opinion on the worth of the Google paid click program?

I reread the post and, of course you will have an opinion, this is the Magic Café…

The question is, is it worth the money?
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
737 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
If you are doing it RIGHT.. Jack Turk would be who knows how to get it setup as an entertainer (I do it slightly different than him but have a different goal)

I use it for testing an ofer.. (I drive traffic to a new page to see if it sells)
I use it to test keywords

it is not a primary traffic source for me.. If I'm not mistaken Jack also uses it for traffic which is why his opinion I personally would take into account..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Increase Page Rank Free (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL