The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Spoon/Fork bend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
I want to purchase a fork/spoon bending trick (with a UNgimmicked fork/spoon) but I don't know wath to buy. I'm seriously thinking about this one ( http://spectram.com/vas/product_details......._id=3707 ) is that a good one?????

Thanks!
Dare to Dream...
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
A good place to start is "The World's Greatest Magic - Metal Bending" by L&L.
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
So that's a good one??

http://spectram.com/vas/product_details......._id=3414

And is This DVD contain the fork spikes bend??

Thanks
Dare to Dream...
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I have WGM-MB and "Psychokinetic Silverware" by Banachek and I like WGM-MB better.
It does have forks and spike bending and you should get some ideas of you own form the video.

The price is reasonable and you get to see more than one performer.
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
I agree with ya Jaz , "Psychokinetic Silverware" by Banachek is a good one for the money . Another is from Magic Makers with Chad Sanborn , you also get his Holy Grail coin routine for 20.00
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Just bought the WGM-MB one!
Dare to Dream...
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 07:21, Loyal R wrote:
Just bought the WGM-MB one!

Great! Let us know how it works out for you!
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Loyal R - the WGM dvd is one of the best. That video will expose you to many methods and performers. Watch it and see which performers you identify with then pursue the material they offer more in depth.

Also - don't limit yourself to silverware. Let your mind explore bent coins and keys as well...
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
I do chad's spoon bend and always goes down well with the laypeople!
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
968 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I just purchased Liquid Magic by Morgan Strebler.
We'll see...
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4164 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I second Liquid Metal. It kills (as you can see from my Café pic).
Luis Vega
View Profile
New user
Leon Guanajuato Mexico
74 Posts

Profile of Luis Vega
You could buy Morgan Stebler`s Liquid Metal..

I use it all the time!!!
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1152 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I do a spoof on spoon bending, using Zander's Precious Metal. It always gets a good laugh, especially among the magician crowd. Show a spoon and comment on the fad of spoon and metal bending. Through the process of making the spoon appear to bend, you reveal it has turned into a fork. It can be handed out, and you're clean. Whole thing takes about 30 seconds, and it's a bit of a shocker. Great opener.
Paco iglacias
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Paco iglacias
Go with liquid metal, a lot of the individual moves could be used separately to do a good show with a spoon or a fork(except of course the tine bends). The only problem is you're going to have to use softer forks or spoons for the more impressive bends. That's all right though, because many restaurants use cheap forks so its no big loss if the staff loses it or a customer steals it. After you play with it a bit you'll be able to spot the right ones pretty quickly.
Matthew Jones
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Matthew Jones
I also highly suggest Liquid Metal, I've had it for nearly a year now and this is my most requested effect right now, when I goto my local coffee shop I'm going to be doing this everytime I'm there and I'll have a better chance at getting a gig, and if I also perform Steve Haynes Casanova Inc. effect from True Astonishments there's a high probability that I'll be called back to do a show for them.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I use liquid metal in my restaurant magic. It is the most requested thing I do. I have even given forks to my street audiences and told them to bring it with them to my restaurant and I will show them something special with it. It really does help bring in new customers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Spoon/Fork bend (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL