The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deep by Justin Meitz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Keichewer
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Keichewer
In two weeks Justin Meitz, author of The Amazing Alexander, is releasing a new DVD called Deep. I am very excited about this as I have never seen anything like it. Have you ever seen a sword swallowing act, and wanted to repeat it, yet, you have no props? I personally have seen this happen during an IBM meeting. The moment was intense, without any warning Justin swallowed 12'' of a balloon. Someone yelled for him to pull it back out and he did just that. What made it more intense, is that he didn't even stop there, he started again, but this time, he swallowed, THE ENTIRE BALLOON. I have never seen or heard of anyone pulling a balloon back out...

I hear that he has a teaser coming out next week. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I saw this over ten years ago on Steve Bedwells video.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Steve Bedwell does swallow a balloon. His method was taught to him by a magician named Kevin Smith. Steve does not reproduce the balloon though. For that, you have to see Fielding West.
trynt1505
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of trynt1505
Being a magician from Salt Lake City I actually saw Justin Meitz at a local event (Garden after dark). He did about a 20 min show and he preformed the balloon swallow. I have seen the effect before but never like this and I somewhat knew how to do the trick but not like this. When Justin preformed the balloon swallow he did something completely different, he swallowed about 16" of the balloon and then he let a woman from the audience pull it out of his mouth, and then continued to swallow it. At the end of the trick his "Ditch" was perfect and very clean, I actually didn't pick up on it until I spoke with him afterward. Justin’s performance of the balloon swallow was perfect and he had the audience in awe. I can't wait to pick this up so I can put this into my bag of tricks
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
This sounds good, but I can't help but think there would be an onslaught of jokes from every male spectator...
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
When I was taught how to perform the balloon swallow, many years ago (pre-Bedwell), I was also taught how to partially swallow, and bring it back out, and then fully swallow the balloon. Done it many times.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Keichewer
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Keichewer
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 19:48, bryanlonden wrote:
This sounds good, but I can't help but think there would be an onslaught of jokes from every male spectator...

Hahaha. I would have to agree. During the intensity of the moment one of the older magicians in the group shouted, "Well, how do we know when it comes out the other end?"

Either way, though, every magician who was their said that they hadn't seen anything like it before. It should be good.
Talkalot
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Talkalot
He did the balloon swallow at our school I thought it was pretty cool
Keichewer
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Keichewer
Hahah. Wow. You'll have to forgive me. I meant *there
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Profile of Justin Impossible
Hi Everyone,

I will be posting some info on DEEP tonight. And to clear up any rumors, a teaser will be out this Friday. Thanks for the support!
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com
www.facebook.com/magicianjustinimpossible

A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
Keichewer
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Keichewer
I recently contacted Justin about the DEEP release date and he sent me this info. He has been very busy with filming and working with his editors on his second book. But it looks like he is shooting to release the first week of February. Still no word about who is carrying it though. And he says there will still be a teaser this Friday.

“Can’t make balloon animals? No problem. Ditch the poodle and the puppy dog and let’s try something even more fun - and amazing! Make a snake-and eat it.

Master the art of balloon swallowing like never before. From the critically acclaimed author of The Amazing Alexander series comes DEEP.

Imagine taking a 5 foot long balloon, handing it out for inspection, then swallowing 16 inches of it - - - and then letting your spectator pull it back out. Then swallow the rest of the balloon and watch your spectators gasp!

With studio shots and live performances of 4 different routines you will learn together with Daniel, a magic student, as Justin teaches him – and you – every twist, turn, trick and technique of this incredible effect.”
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
5 Feet!? Haha this sounds great, can't wait for the demo.

bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
It's definately Sunday..... Smile

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Gee, can it go into a small box, and then out, or must you eat it?.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-25 09:41, bryanlonden wrote:
It's definately Sunday..... Smile

Sorry for the delay! We should have a full trailer this afternoon. Thanks for the patience.
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-25 09:50, joseph wrote:
Gee, can it go into a small box, and then out, or must you eat it?.. Smile ...

Its kind of an edible trick. High rubber diet!
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Nice! Thanks for the update man.

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-25 11:06, bryanlonden wrote:
Nice! Thanks for the update man.

I will leave you with a few quotes from people that have already seen the illusion:

"Why swallow swords when everyone loves balloons?! Regardless of what type of magic you perform, you'll enjoy learning this. A clever twist (no pun intended) on a great piece of magic!"
-Matt Wayne

"Ok, where was the swallowing balloon trick when I was on CelebraCadabra? I could have won the competition AND found a mate."
-Ant
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Here is the official trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAqkmfTkuTY
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ha ha nice one, great work from the looks of it.

At first I admit that this didn't really appeal to me, but that video sold me, I love it!

Just let me know when to send the cash Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deep by Justin Meitz (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL