The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash paper, playing cards, Jim Pace's igniter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

filmyak
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
150 Posts

Profile of filmyak
I'm looking for some advice on how to combine a playing card, Jim Pace's igniter, and flash paper. I'm new with flash paper (I'm an adult, so yes I am being careful), and need to do this for a sales presentation. (I've got the rest of the card routine down, that's my main area of experience.)

Basically I'm trying to get a card I am holding burst into flames (for a second, then flames go out). If I just put the paper behind the card and light it with the igniter, it burns a small hole in the paper without igniting the rest of the paper. So I've figured out you have to fold the paper a bit first. That lights the paper, but now I've got to find a way to keep the paper attached to the card until it burns. I don't want the paper to fall off and burn in mid air (which has happened a few times to me as I try to figure this out). I just want it to burn while attached to the card, burn itself out, that's it.

Any advice? Thanks!
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
australia
187 Posts

Profile of liampower
How about a very small bit of wax. and maybe it will melt off the card destroying all evidence (just myabe)

liam
filmyak
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
150 Posts

Profile of filmyak
Possible. Got that advice from someone else today. Gonna try it...
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
How about some flash cards, or those new inferno cards? Unfortunately I haven't tried them out so I can't tell you how well they work.
magicbaby
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of magicbaby
Hi there,

I just got Reveal from illusioncraft and it is totally amazing, and on the best bit you buy one get one free on your refills aswell as free worldwide shipping.

you get everything except a deck of cards, flash cards, flash glue, lit match pull and even matches.

this should do the job, and they are the best cards that I have seen. http://www.illusioncraft.co.uk/illusioncraft_magic_range.htm

cheers Richard
filmyak
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
150 Posts

Profile of filmyak
I need to do this with custom cards I created so premade flash cards just aren't an option for me unfortunately.
magicbaby
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of magicbaby
You should contact adam at illusioncraft, as he can custom print anything for you onto flash paper, my friend had it done and is was no more expensive than the cards, but he had to pay for an artwork fee on the fist job to create a printing template.

cheers Richard
filmyak
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
150 Posts

Profile of filmyak
Oh, good to know! Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash paper, playing cards, Jim Pace's igniter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL