The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Spectator Cuts The Aces! - watch for yourself - Enjoy! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Yes we all feel good watching this - myself included.

What's the bigger picture?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
If my 'spec cuts to aces' routine was that bad, I would want my identity hidden too!!
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 01:42, lynnef wrote:
Here's a related rhetorical question. How would you save the trick? 4 piles, 1st card an ace, but not the second... oops. you're already in trouble. You could do a choice/force on either card and do an ambitious card on a chosen pile etc etc etc. what are some other suggestions?

Since the spectator does not know that he was supposed to cut to the aces, I would have simply turned over the top 4 cards and if 2 or 3 of them were not aces I would say...."well 2 out of 4 ain't bad".......He could have even stuck with his "you are very special" line by saying that were lucky to have found 2 aces.

Then I would pick up the cards and scan for the other aces and cull them to the top of the deck....THE KEY IS TO SAY IT WITH A SRAIGHT FACE...as if that was what was supposed to happen...the masked magician's problem was that he fumbled and sounded out of control, in my opinion. (A supposed "working pro" should have known better !)

Then I would say, well a real magician can fix that problem by taking the 2 other cards and changing them into the last 2 aces. then you can do any simple card switch.

NOTE: When looking through the deck for the otrher 2 aces...you can say "most people would find it easier to find the aces by looking through the cards"...say this as you cull. But, a real magician does not have to look through the deck...then give the deck some convincing false shuffles before the final switch...

Sure it would not be as good as the spectator cutting to them....But, they should not have expected that either....so, the magic would have been refocused on your magic change of 2 indifferent cards to the 4 aces.

----

I am sure I could think of a better ending....but, that is my first reaction and probably what I would have done because it would have been fast and easy Smile
Long Island,

New York
scarnecky
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah
330 Posts

Profile of scarnecky
I can't believe I just watched that. Must be late.

Darnit~

Scar
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Another possible save would have been to turn over all the top cards (only one should be an ace), cull the other aces to the top (should be on the bottom of the first pile); and then switch the other top cards out in an acrobatic aces routine.
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 20:04, R.S. wrote:
I am now ashamed to admit that I like magic.

Ron

My exact feelings. At least I don't have to worry about exposure. What a ditz.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I like the way he found the fifth Ace!
Duh.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Hay maybe he can do the "easy to do, kids trick" .... "The Finger Chopper." Then we can see if he accidentally cuts his finger off Smile

I don't think the masked magician should use a real spectator for anything with any risk. Smile ... After all, he may forget to set the gimmick Smile
Long Island,

New York
mackinley
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of mackinley
Hhahahahahahaha
"I'm going to show you a trick even a child can do."

Turns over the first card "That's an ace...an ace is a good card." turns over the second card "That's a nine." looks through the cards "You did something very special here." looks through the cards for another minute and a half. "You found the 3 aces." puts the aces on the table.

hahahahahahahahhaahahaha

As he was giving the spec the instructions, I was thinking to myself "uhh...that's not right dude." Then I started thinking "Maybe he's gunna pull something crazy off here." Then I saw the spec move an ace to the bottom of the pile, and I was like "nope...he messed up."

I agree, he should do a bullet catch.

Thanks for posting though, I enjoyed that immensely. At least he messed it up so badly that he didn't even expose it.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Amazing how he turned a bad stripper into a magicians assistant. Smile
Long Island,

New York
martin1025
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of martin1025
Quote:
On 2009-01-19 15:59, JSBLOOM wrote:
This one will even amaze you more!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6yMZSt8vYU&feature=related

I love that video! what really amazes me is that many people who "did get the joke" actually thought the video was edited!
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
I personally laughed my head off!!!
jefftravilla
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of jefftravilla
That was the best youtube video find ever.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Is there a tutorial for that ace trick anywhere?
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Paul Harris in the New Stars of Magic series had a pretty good principle for spectator cutting to the aces

David Williamson has a different one as well that is pretty effective as well.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

I think the masked magician may try the Paul Harris version on his next TV special Smile
Long Island,

New York
Amiable
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Amiable
I feel so sorry for him. If I were to bring my own deck on a TV special, you can bet I'm going to use a marked deck...
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Let's not make him exist by talking about this non being.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-02-07 18:56, Lawrence O wrote:
Let's not make him exist by talking about this non being.

I normally would agree with you....but, when he comes across so poorly...the publicity will make people know what his capabilities really are Smile

After all he is trying to sell kids magic that he can't even do Smile

Now we know why he wears a mask.....It ws not to prevent magicians from finding out...we found out anyway....it was because he is too embarrassed to have everyone know who he is if he performed live without retakes !
Long Island,

New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Spectator Cuts The Aces! - watch for yourself - Enjoy! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL