The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Torn and Restored Newspaper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Has Anyone Bought the New Gimmick from Tenyo for the torn and restored Newspaper? It looks as Good as Gene Anderson's version But is it a Practical alternative?
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2535 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I was wondering the same thing about the tenyo tear ? It only uses one sheet of paper looks good .
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Is there a video Demo anywhere?
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I have seen a demo.... Can't find it now looks just like the Gene Anderson version
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1388 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 22:09, MagicB1S wrote:
I have seen a demo.... Can't find it now looks just like the Gene Anderson version

VIDEO DEMO HERE "

http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/catalog/movie/m-11550.html
QUEBEC MAGIC FESTIVAL - MAY 4-7 2017 . QUEBEC CITY , CANADA .
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
You might want to check out this one as well, as the restoration is much better than in the Tenyo product.
It isn't for a single sheet though...

http://www.axelhecklau.com/viplounge/Vid......lish.htm

I recently bought it and it is great indeed!
Have fun!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2535 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Nicd that was very nice ! cost much more but worth it wow ..
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2535 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The Tenyo version only uses 1 sheet first T&R newstear I have ever seen with 1 sheet .
deliveryboy
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of deliveryboy
I just got Axel's news flash it takes a little more prep. but it's great
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
I see on Axel's site that extra gimmicks are offered for sale. What's with that? How many performances per gimmick?
deliveryboy
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of deliveryboy
Mark there's no limit I think if you wanted to do multiple performances without
a reset.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2535 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Is there a link to Axel's Torn & restored Newspaper Demo Video ?
Thanks,
Jeff
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Tophatter- It's the above link. The one with Axel in the address.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
On the Axel one they don't make any mention of how long it takes prepare the gimmick. That would be important to someone doing several shows in a day.
So would Baxt tear be a better option for the working pro?

Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2535 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks Tom .
nicd
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
164 Posts

Profile of nicd
Mike:

if you intend to do several performances in a row the easiest way would be to buy multiple gimmicks and prepare several copys at once.
If you do have time between the shows with a little practice it shouldn't take you any longer than 5 to 10 minutes to reset if you start from scratch.
Often you will actually be able to reuse the restored newspaper from the previous performance, then it will even take less time.

Hope that helps Smile

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me or even send Axel and email I'm sure he will be more than willing to help you.

regards,
Nic
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
A couple of things to consider:

With the Baxt tear you only need to buy one gimmick because it takes 20 seconds to reset, instead of having to spend half an hour at the end of each day resetting a bunch of gimmicks that were used during the day.

Also, are there features that Newsflash has that Baxt tear doesn't have that would make it worth the extra reset time? Maybe ligher gimmick? more smooth operation? more deceptive?

I will probably end up buying both just to see which fits the act better... and to see which I enjoy using more Smile

Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
New Zealand
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Mike, I am a working pro and have used Baxt's newspaper tear for years on ships. My main reason was the reset time with Baxt's newspaper tear over every other newspaper tear on the market. I've done them all from Slydini to Harbin to Anderson etc.
I bought the Axtel version and have to tell you, the reset time is exactly the same for me. I changed Axtel's version slightly making my reset the same as Baxt's newspaper tear. The most amazing thing about Newsflash is the restoration - it is incredible. It's as close to what would happen if you could peform real magic and a torn paper was restored!! It's the best flash restoration I've ever seen.
My reset time is probably less than 30 seconds now on the Axtel version. I am using this now and it's incredible. Unlike Baxt's version, Axtel does NOT use the Anderson folding sequence. I actually find Axtel's method way easier to perform as well. It is without a doubt the last word in Newspaper tears.
If you follow the instructions on Newsflash the reset time is probably less than a few minutes, but that is way too long for me because I don't have much time between shows. I changed the handling slightly so now the reset time is very quick indeed. As I said, I have it down to less than 30 seconds.

Hope this helps in your decision. If you love newspaper tears get this and you will always be using this version.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://extrememagicmakeover.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
I've always thought the Torn and Restored Newspaper was one of magic's best effects. How do you guys present this? And do you know of anyone who presents it close-up?

I just would imagine everyone would want to examine it afterwards.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I am a performing magician, but have always stayed away from full newspaper tears. This thread is sparking a real interest in seeing if tears would fit into my act.

I would appreciate some thoughts on the best way to work into this, and what to get. For example, would the Axtel and/or Baxt be sensible, or should I start more basic?

Thanks! Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Torn and Restored Newspaper (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL