We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What Magicians Table Would You Recommend? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
10 second table by David Charvet.
hboy
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of hboy
Hi Bart,
Please recheck your PM.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
I built my table custom...

Stand is a heavy duty photography tripod that attaches with the standard quick release. Stability is achieved through cross tensioning with mini bungee cords. Black velvet top, black art well built in. Servante on back and also two side servantes for lighting/object placement. Packs light, looks great.

Now that I've worked the bugs out of the design, I'll reproduce it using finer quality materials. If I can ever find my camera, I'll post pics.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1314 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I just looked at the ultimate gig case II by Doug Reis at the Advance Conference in Pittsburgh PA. This is now on my wish list! Similair to a Lefler table only better, it also comes with a side table. This IS the table to have for the serious performer. It is not cheap, but it's an investment that will last for a very long time!

Mark
D Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Virginia
370 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
Here's a link to Doug Reis' Ultimate Gig Case II

http://flipdisc.com/mp.htm
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have the Ultimate Gig Case I (prototype of the newer one) and LOVE IT.

Steve
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Finally found my camera...

Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Wow that's a gorgeous set up that you have Ekuth! I'm going to have to go down to Mesa and jack it whilst you are busy at first fridays guy Lol!
Thanks for sharing it Brother! You could probably market your creation buddy! I'd take one off your hands. Sign me up!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
LOL. Thanks, man. I'm an old DIY guy so if I can do it cheap, that's the way I go. This is just the prototype, I was testing various ideas out to see what worked and what didn't.

I could probably produce one very similar or not too far off for around (not counting the camera tripod/mount) for around $50 - $60 depending on what options folks wanted, the surface covering, ect. I used black felt underlay with black triple velvet on top.

Lemme finish working on my blackdrops before I get ready to tackle a second run!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Alright man. I'm seriously interested bud. Thanks for sharing it here.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I started out with the Eureka tables, but I ended up building my own. I use a Vaultz case (with added foam in the bottom) on top of one table as my drop/ditch box.
Mister Mystery
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
I just finished an easy table.

I started with a $15 folding table from Wal-Mart.

For the top, I cut out foam board to shape of table top, then glued 1/4-inch foam (made from recycled plastic bottles), to foam board. Wrapped it with felt made from 100 pct post-consumer products. I used spray glue for it all, so no sewing. I then used velcro to attach the top to the table, then velcro for the trim. I wanted a "classic" magic table look, so I went with the gold fringe.

I used velcro on the trim, too, so I can change the trim for a different look any time. Plus, I can take off the trim, take the top off and I have a close-up pad. The whole things is lightweight, folds flat and costs about $30.

You can finish the project in 45 minutes.

Click here to view attached image.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Nice! I looked at those tables, but they were too low for me.
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
It's barely high enough for me, and I'm 6-3.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That carpeted table looks great! Most tables look like hardware store junk with fringe on top.

I don't like tables made from drum stands. They are ugly, Would you furnish your house with end tables made from drum stands?

Some of the MAK Magic tables are good if you repaint and redecorate them. Also replace the casters with some that won't break apart under real world conditions.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
I use Joe Lefler's Pro Table. Actually I have 3. By far the best for me and easy to personalize with velcro to attach signs etc. durable and scuff free.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13386 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2011-11-13 02:43, Bill Palmer wrote:
I don't like tables made from drum stands. They are ugly, Would you furnish your house with end tables made from drum stands?

I think Bill is talking about my *** table!! Smile

Bill, you can't tell me you don't have a banjo stand in your home, can you? Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
Quote:
On 2011-11-09 22:50, rsylvester wrote:
I just finished an easy table.

I started with a $15 folding table from Wal-Mart.

For the top, I cut out foam board to shape of table top, then glued 1/4-inch foam (made from recycled plastic bottles), to foam board. Wrapped it with felt made from 100 pct post-consumer products. I used spray glue for it all, so no sewing. I then used velcro to attach the top to the table, then velcro for the trim. I wanted a "classic" magic table look, so I went with the gold fringe.

I used velcro on the trim, too, so I can change the trim for a different look any time. Plus, I can take off the trim, take the top off and I have a close-up pad. The whole things is lightweight, folds flat and costs about $30.

You can finish the project in 45 minutes.

I use the exact same table! Instead of gold fringe, mine is draped with a black cloth that is secured with velcro.
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Thanks, Bill. It did turn out well. @Blayk, I saw that table and I thought, mobility and magic. I used the foam board under it to give it a little more cushion for cups and balls, cards and coins. It's working great so far.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I have used the Joe Lefler's Pro Table for years and was content with it. I then bought the Ultimate Gig Case II and I liked it to a point.
It was big and had to lay it on its side to get in the car, and you could not use the inside of the case for storage unless you did not put the stand in it for the side table.
I am so glad that I had Thomas Clark from Magic Sax make my case for me .It is the lightest one I ever had and it has everything I need built in .
It is better to get one built the way you want it and in the long run you will always be happy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What Magicians Table Would You Recommend? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL