We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Freak... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hello everyone. I publishing an effect of mine called Freak, which is a sort of open prediction. It will be released on theinvisiblethread.com this week. The effect as the spectator sees it is: Magician takes a single card out of his pocket and places it face down on the table. Spectator then closes her eyes and thinks of a card. The magician turns over the tabled card so that it lays on the table face up. Then, and only then does the spectator name the card... and everyone freaks out, because she names the card that lays face up on the table. Or... in a one on one situation, the spectator closes her eyes and thinks of a card. You turn the card on the table over, and she never speaks the name of the card... she simply opens her eyes and freaks out, as the card on the table matches her thought of (unspoken) card.

I'm sure you are quite aware that "as the spectator sees it" is not the same as what actually happens. So let me tell you what actually happens, and at the same time, inform you that you can use this special technique to turn any "select" a card routine into a "think of a card" routine... making this not just a "one trick wonder", but a principle you will use all the time!

What actually happens:

1. Magician places a single card onto the table in full view.

2.Spectator is given a pack of cards and asked to peek at any card. She doesn't have to show anyone else the card, there is no force, she doesn't need to speak the card, or pull it out of the pack. You never see the front or back of the card. If she is dissatisfied with the card she peeked at, she can peek another, until she gets one she likes. She then hides the pack away (or keeps it as a souvenir) without you ever touching it.

3.Spectator closes her eyes and focuses on the card, which is then turned face up in full view of the audience.

4.Spectator is then asked to name the card she is thinking of... she calls out the name of the card that was in full view the entire time.

5.Everyone loses their minds.

There is no reset, or angle problems. No dual reality (spectator loses her mind just like everyone else). No crimp work, the method is 100% sure fire. No force, the effect can work with a different card every time.

This will be an e-book, with very detailed descriptions AND thoughts on performance. It will include embedded video, making the routine easy to learn. This one is a worker (like every trick I've ever published, I use it on a regular basis to earn a living). It will be priced very low as well (I know that times are tough).

I do look forward to blowing your minds with this!!! Anyone doubting the above routine description can search reviews of my previous work here on the Café. They are filled with comments about my honesty, customer service, quality of work and value.

Get ready.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Quote:

No force, the effect can work with a different card every time.

Whoa, you got me there. I'd have to say I've been looking for this type of effect for awhile, but wanting something appropriate for walkaround. I've heard nothing but good about your material, so I'm sure this will be fantastic! Looking forward to it!
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
567 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Sounds like a winner Michael. Sounds like it has so many applications. I do like the fact that the card is turned face up even before the spectator names the card. Nice touch.

And for those of you not familiar with his work your missing out!
JJ
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 12:54, bryanlonden wrote:
Quote:

No force, the effect can work with a different card every time.

Whoa, you got me there. I'd have to say I've been looking for this type of effect for awhile, but wanting something appropriate for walkaround. I've heard nothing but good about your material, so I'm sure this will be fantastic! Looking forward to it!

Bryan,
With the flexibility in the routine, and the instant reset, this is perfect for walk around or bar.

Thanks Jordan!!! No more magician says, "name your card" and spectator says, "no, you show me the card first and I'll tell you if you're right". The card is face up, BEFORE she names her card, and is in full view.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
Magic just keep getting better..
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Okay, I'm on the hook. This sounds great.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2417 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I'm not a card man, and you got me wanting it.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 15:30, Sean Fields wrote:
Okay, I'm on the hook. This sounds great.

The book is written, but the art is not quite done yet. It'll be out very soon.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
This sounds very interesting. I will have to check it out when released.

Nico
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Is there more to it than simple sleights?
Id est, gimmicks?

and my last question..
does the performer hold the card while the spectator peeks at it?
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Thomas, it seems like the spectator holds the cards but I could be wrong.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Mmmm Smile sounds nice!!
Ben
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
I really don't want to get too far into what it does and doesn't include, as I don't want this to turn into a method guessing session. If you do have any concerns (and therefore questions) you can msg me and I will do the best I can to help you out. I think you are asking if this is an ID trick, and it is not. The prediciton is a single card on the table, and is shown and left face up before the spectator anounces the card she is focused on. All other method questions will now go ignored.

No, just as the description states, you never handle the cards as the spectator peeks, she does that on her own. You also don't handle the cards after... you just don't need to at all.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Sounds very cool. Cant wait for the release3!

jamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
883 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
ME either. But I have loved Mikes material since I first started getting it, so I might be a bit biased!!

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Thank you friend, you'll love the new work.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Sold.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
OHHH MAN!
Wait till you see this!
I just got off the phone with Da Man..and WOW.
Real world
Practical
and SOOO much more.

Be on the lookout for this one.
JM
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Any precise release date? Rather Monday or rather Friday ? Smile
Ben
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Just waiting for art.

Check http://www.theinvisiblethread.com for the release, it will be soon.

Justin,
Thanks brother! I look forward to seeing you in Vegas. I'm doing close up at the Venetian early Feb, but might stop back on my way back from the Castle. We'll meet up... I'm taking you out for Chinese.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Freak... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.6 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL