We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Freak... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
This definitely has my full attention. Waiting patiently for a buy now button.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Maybe you should check on Monday??? maybe...
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
It's nearly monday european time... Smile
Ben
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
It's monday... Smile
Ben
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1327 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
There is an effect on the market already called Freak. By Will Houstoun. Granted a different effect, but may cause some confusion none the less if you just see the title listed somewhere.

Maybe it is best when any new trick is to be released to have the title researched beforehand just to save confusion on both parties. Smile

Best wishes,

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I did also think this was will's effect at first, It could be a complication in future.

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Nothing so far. It's Monday. Hurry, or else.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Name change is not an issue... sorry about the confusion, and thank you for actually taking the time to let me know, I appreciate it!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
I don't think the name is an issue either...

It's tuesday in the UK btw... Smile
Did I miss something? ... Smile
Ben
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I guess to his credit, he did say maybe.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
880 Posts

Profile of andykean
Any news???
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Yes, I'm very sorry for the wait. I spent the weekend in a shoot with World Magic Shop, doing a 2 DVD set on Card Under Drink. Tonight, we shot in the VIP of a very big local club. When you guys see the footage, you'll fall out of your chairs.

So the good news is that Freak is 100% written, and completely done. I've seriously got to go crash though, as I've been shooting all day, and I'm exhausted beyond words. I did get a chance to share this with some guys (Justin Miller being one of them) and it looks like the response is going to be bigger then anything I've every put out.

I'm also considering pricing this UNDER 15$. One argument is... "oh boy, everyone will have this", the other is "times are tough".

I'm going to fall asleep at my keyboard. I'll get this up for you ASAP. First... sleep.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:

Yes, I'm very sorry for the wait.

C'mon, don't be sorry... We all have our things to do, and we all know you're busy! Smile We're just teasing 'cause we're excited about your new effect! Smile

Quote:

First... sleep.

THIS is a very sound decision! Smile
Ben
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Oh boy! Great price Michael. . .Im definitely picking this up.

Nico
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Freak Prediction: Review: PDF Format

Okay so, here I am, like most others awaiting the arrival of this seemingly perfect open prediction effect. The anticipation mounts day after day in till finally I see it’s up! So I purchase it for a DIRT CHEAP price! Incredibly low price. Then I see the amount of text and figure i’m in for a bumpy ride. I dived in and began to slowly connect the dots.

Firstly I would like to add that the amount of detail Michael has gone into is extreme. This effect could have been explained far more simply and in a lot less word. But he has gone through every motion to ensure everything is understood.
There are allot of fantastic little subtleties in this effect which make it even more of a stunning effect.

I won’t lie in saying the method was slightly disappointing. It was almost expected. There’s nothing stunningly original about it. You’ll also have to be prepared in getting your hands on a few other things in order to make the effect work. A certain method is used which most magicians have a version of somewhere, but if you’re not familiar with it, then you’ll have to get your hands on it.

This being said, there are no really difficult moment in the trick, allot of the work is done for you and you can work on presentation. There’s no incredibly fiddly gimmicks in this and the only sleights are given to you in the form of a video clip which I thought was a nice touch.

Overall a fantastic, clean looking effect. Nothing overly original or stunning in its method but sometimes the simple ones are the best leaving you more room for presentation. The price is incredible and you get soooo much for your buck. A definite recommendation from me.

Best Wishes,

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Jpovey
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Jpovey
Looks like a great effect - is defo the next one to buy =D Get paid 2moro, so I shud b able to buy then! Looking forward to it alredy Smile
For a while Houdini used alot of trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
This is a diabolical methodology - Really good!

A couple of principles combined make this a very direct and clean looking effect - I can see it playing REALLY well.

Can't wait to try it out!

D.
New exclusive releases available now at http://the1914.com
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for your review Jamie!

Quote:
On 2009-01-20 15:38, JamieD wrote:

You’ll also have to be prepared in getting your hands on a few other things in order to make the effect work.

[...]

There’s no incredibly fiddly gimmicks in this [...].

Oh... so I guess you can't go on using the deck... or maybe you can ?
Ben
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
You can, you just wont be able to repeat the trick without reset
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Freak... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL