The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Star Gazer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ererer
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of ererer
I wasn't really sure where to put this so forgive me if its in the wrong place. Years ago before I became interested in magic I was shown a trick by a magician at a local restaurant. I now know the trick to be a version of "Star Gazer" by J.B Magic. I was wondering if this particular handling of the trick was available or where it originated from:

My friend was shown a number of rubber band shapes (The Eiffel Tower, a star and 1 or 2 others I cant remember). The magician then produced about 6 other rubber bands which were wrapped around a piece of cardboard (taut). My friend was asked to choose one, he chose the blue (they were different colours) and the magician invited him to take one end of the band while he held the other so the band was held taut. My friend was then asked to recall one of the shapes which was shown to us earlier. He chose the star. The magician let go of the band and my friend was left holding a rubber band shaped like a star. It blew everyone away.

The part I'm not sure of is whether or not cards were used to force the star (which would be more likely) or whether there was some sort of psychological force invovled. If this version of the trick is in print anywhere I'd really appreciate it if somebody knew. If not then I can always figure something out!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Were they ESP Cards?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
ererer
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of ererer
Well as I said I cat remember whether he had cards or not! I just cant think of any other way.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
It sounds just like a variation on Alan Wongs Animal Sense. I've no idea which came first, but the effect sounds the same, only different cards, and different shaped elastic bands.

It's probably been reviewed here on the Café..

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
ererer
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of ererer
Thanks for your help I'll check it out!
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Could have been a hot rod type force as well...

Lyndel
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Just thinking he same thing, you read my mind!!!

RWhit
ererer
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of ererer
Do you mean a hot rod type force for the colour or the shape? Because both were chosen from what I remember (and my memory isn't the clearest becaue this was about 8 years ago
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Star Gazer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL