The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » So You Want To Be An Illusionist ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
Can't wait to hear this lecture , Im looking forward to it. I can't believe there hasn't been this type of lecture before , these topics are quite difficult and can't be dealt with alone.

See you all there Summer 2009

Carl Michael
http://www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
David Seebach
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of David Seebach
My "So You Want To Be An Illusionist" lecture will NOT offer lecture notes. Instead, I am already writing a companion BOOK that will go far beyond anything I can cover within the time restraint of the lecture format. At the lecture you will have an opportunity to experience several stage illusions up close. This usually includes some "hands on" time with the props. I like to offer "test drives" for any aspiring illusionists and their assistants. You will have an opportunity to ask questions. I will offer advice about good illusion acquisitions ---especially for "first timers"--- and some warnings about poor choices. The lecture will be frank, funny and unique; you're not going to get this detailed, insider information anywhere else. I am hard at work on the book and over 50 pages are completed. Already covered: Guillotine, Head Chopper, Super-X, Flying Carpet, Chair Suspension, Blaney's Ladder Levitation, Broom Suspension, Sub Trunk, Harbin's Bow Sawing, Zig-Zag, Modern Art, Mini Cube Zag, Hindu Basket, Sword Cabinet, Enchanted Temple, Origami... and I'm just getting started!
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Wow I wish I could go... Sounds fantastic.

Too many lectures are on close up, and there are few lectures focused completely on the art of grand illusion. Sounds great, wish you the best with it...

Steven
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
I won't be able to attend.
BUT PLEASE TAPE THE LECTURE! As Richard pointed out, that would really help to see what is involved in performing illusions. And I would like to know your motivation: why is it worth all the trouble?
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
This is reason enough to make plans to attend the Abbott Magic Get-Together. It's unlike any convention you've ever been to .. I'm not kidding. I've been going for over 20 years now .. it's just that special.

I've been on David's case for some time now to write a book .. and I guess things have finally fallen into place. I've already read every bit of his work so far .. and it's simply awesome. Real, useful information for anyone considering or performing illusions. Every couple of days he would send me another section or two .. 50 pages so far, I had to replace the ink in my printer. It will be worth its weight in gold when it's finally available.

Dare I say profound??

Steve
123TJS321
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of 123TJS321
Im exited
this was one of the main things I was looking forward to
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Heres a video of David and Tara
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ5OCslmuqk
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

This just in from Hank Moorehouse

Special added lecture. Besides premiering the David Seebach lecture on adding an illusion to your show. Following his lecture we will have Franz Harary presenting a question and answer lecture with video clips on traveling the world with one of the largest ever Illusion shows.

When I asked Franz who was one of the first Magicians he ever saw present an illusion show his reply was.."David Seebach at the Get Together, over 28 years ago"...Don't miss these two events.

Hank Moorehouse
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
This is just awesome news .. two of my very favorite performers, at the best convention of the summer.

This is too good to be true, I might just pass out ...

Steve
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I would love a copy of your book David. Let me know when it's available.
Dennis Michael
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Oh No

Franz called and had to cancel, seems he had an appointment with his lawyer in CA. that he overlooked. He wanted to come Friday or Saturday but the stage is booked solid those days with other magic events. We're trying to set something up for Wednesday but it is at best doubtful.

David's lecture is scheduled to go on as planned.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Franz is back on, he moved his lawyer appointment and will be on Thursday after David Seebach.

My apologies for any confusion.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Just a quick note from my hotel in Coldwater .. David's lecture was awesome! After 90 minutes of some of the most insightful information every revealed on illusions, David received a standing ovation. It was well deserved .. and nearly sold-out the first run of his book "So You Want to Be an Illusionist."

If you weren't there .. you really missed out. I don't think anyone left without an appreciation to all the hard work involved for not only the magician but the box-jumper as well. Anyone there will know exactly what I'm talking about.

There are a few remaining copies that are available from Abbott's directly.

Like I said .. you should have been there ..

Steve
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

I noticed in his book that he mentions he no longer has his original notes on the Subject:Illusion articles and unless Abbotts has them they would be lost forever. Fortunately both Tops and New Tops are digitalized (and available for purchase) so some cold Feb day when I am snowed in I will convert them to html and add them to the Newest Tops as a classic issue.

The free issue of Tops for the show went over well, surprised how many people did not know about Tops magazine. I should have put a flyer in each one about the newest tops.

I thought the lecture was awesome, unfortunately I had to leave early from the Franz Harary lecture to make the graveyard tour.

So much to do, so little time
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Is there any video or DVD from the lectures?

Thanks,

Las
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I do not think Video was done. It was an incredible lecture.

I have suggested to David that he continue to develop this lecture for a dvd in two phases. First would be the illusions that are suit to one or two people. Second would be the more complicated illusions requiring more staging and assistants.

David talked concisely and clearing for over 90 minutes. He could have went another 90 minutes without losing a person in the auditorium. The pros and cons of different illusions were discussed, staging ideas, costuming, etc. There was so much information that I doubt if any could fully adsorb everything he had to say.

Get the book. It is a great starting point but if you ever get the chance to see the lecture; do it.

Richared
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

We tried videotaping but would have had to interfere with the lecture and stopped. David used the whole stage and the only way it would have worked was if we moved around with him.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Thanks. I was hoping to get a hand a David and Franz Lecture video. You guys should record them in the future because not every one living in the States. Smile

Best,

Las
David Seebach
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of David Seebach
Wow! What a great response to my lecture last week. The book just flew afterwards as it seemed everyone wanted a copy. If you'd like one just order it from Abbott's or buy one from Duane Laflin or contact me for a copy that I'll send immediately by Priority Mail ($25 + $5 shipping). I accept cash, checks,m oney orders and, of course, PayPal.
david@davidseebach.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » So You Want To Be An Illusionist ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL