We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The Real Man's Coin Wallet - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I don't hang the Case Logic off my belt. But, it could be done if pocket space was at a premium and no, I don't think it looks tacky.

Todd Lassen knows coins and if he doesn't recommend JOL because of oxidation he is probably right.

But, at the moment I am happy with JOL coin tidies and Case Logic media card holders and would recommend them to my friends.

Anthony Miller: If you ever make a more supple leather coin wallet with 3-4 interior sections I would buy it. I apologize if my above post was too strong as well.

Best,

Doug Lippert
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I have a boatload of these things since Penguin was giving them away for over a year. At first, I thought the leather was pretty stiff too, but they really do become supple as you carry them. And the leather takes on a polished shine that is really nice to see and touch. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about two coins touching in the pockets, because they're not going to move, rub or scratch much - there isn't room for that. Besides, most tricks call for touching the coins together anyway, don't they (including U3F)? There's something a little phony looking about pristine uncirculated coins.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
I have the Onosaka purse, the JOL coin tidy, and the RMCW and they are all nice and useful in different situations.

I just started carrying the RMCW and the added feature of being able to palm a sh### means I'll probably carry this most of the time.

The JOL does look really nice but it's not really convenient or practical sometimes to unroll the thing in preparation for a trick. To me, it's best left in the drawer with coins inside for protection (I haven't seen any oxidation yet but will be looking).

The Onosaka purse is just a great all around coin purse. The leather is soft and supple yet strong. The internal clasp mechanism looks nice and stays out of the way. I'd probably just continue to carry this purse if it were not for the secret compartment feature on the RMCW. I know I've highlighted this feature several times (as have others) but it's really what sets the RMCW apart from the others IMO.
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
Here is a terrific source of genuine leather containers for coins and other magic props. It is called North Star Leather. I have been using their products for years and find them to be very well priced and extremely durable. As a matter of fact, they offer a *lifetime warrantee* on everything that they sell. All of their products are made in their South Carolina factory and each one is available in six or more colors. .

Here are three of their items that are very handy for carrying gaffed coins: 1. A two pocket leather snap purse that sells for $3.95. 2. A 2 ˝ by by 4 inch zip purse that sells for $3.95. 3. A 3 ˝ by 5 inch zip purse that sells for $4.95.

They also have a line of leather draw string purses ranging in size from 1 5/8 by 3 ˝ inches to 8 ˝ by 6 inches. Here the price range is from $2.49 to $7.95.

The item that I ordered from them most recently is a leather makeup case with a zipper closure. It measures 7 ˝ by 5 ˝ inches and sells for $12.95. Now here comes the good part. For $5.00 additional they added on a wrist strap attached to the end nearest the closing part of the zipper. They customized it to the size of my hand that I gave them over the phone. This will be a perfect container for carrying around some small items for my close up work.

The page on their web site that is dedicated to leather pouches and coin purses is

http://www.nstarleather.com/optimizer/category/POUCHES.html and their contact number is 800-338-7637.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1601 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Thanks for the heads up.

The prices are more than fair and the willingness to do custom work sounds almost too good to be true. The snap purse looks pretty good for the money but it appears to be all leather. That is problematic for me because leather tends to discolor my silver coins - should be fine for clad, though. I usually spend the extra for JOL because of the discoloration issue, but it's always a good thing to have alternatives. Your idea about the close up case is really interesting.

You didn't mention the Leather Snap Coin Case. If it's the right size, it looks like it could be a pretty fair 3in coin H*****t if you just add a couple large safety pins.

Regards,

Alan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The Real Man's Coin Wallet - Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL