The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dee Christopher - Shudder - PK soda can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1951 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Chad,
What is your point? You wrote 2 posts and the first starts with "Uhhh... this is definitely not new. I have been doing this for years!" and ends with "Anyway, you are the first to release it. Good luck with it!" which to me they are both meaningless since one cancels the other.
Now, in your second post you insist by willing to bring eye witnesses that you have been doing the effect for years. Who asked you to prove anything?
If the effect is unpublished then its new. Dee came with it, we researched it and spoke with MANY top name pro's about the effect... So, I am still so confused about your post.

Best,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I like the effect.

So can I just grab an empty can out of my friends hand and do this. if so..let me send you money right now.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Hey Mac,

I suggest you ask to borrow while they're part way through their drink! Smile

Many thanks for your comments,

D.
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
krisneale
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krisneale
What The Mac said! Smile

Kris
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
What the Mac and Kris said. I'm ready for this to be released!
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
krisneale
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krisneale
At a party....Sinful, then this, that has to send them crazy!!!!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Glad you guys are looking forward to the release, I'm sure you'll love the effect Smile

D.

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
DCM,
This is the kind of magic I enjoy performing....simple, direct and unexplainable!Looking forward to the release. Smile

Respectfully,
JRRocha
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Jpovey
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Jpovey
This looks amazing - I'm sure I could find quite a few uses to this! I can't wait for this to be released, especially if the impromptu is as good as the gimmicked Smile
For a while Houdini used alot of trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Jpovey, the impromptu version is the one you see in that little demo, not the gimmicked version!

The gimmicked version is even cleaner aesthetically, it's very lightly gimmicked and you could still borrow the can by all means, but wait till you see it!;)

Thanks for the kind words guys!

D.

Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On 2009-01-21 04:25, Titanas wrote:
Chad,
What is your point? You wrote 2 posts and the first starts with "Uhhh... this is definitely not new. I have been doing this for years!" and ends with "Anyway, you are the first to release it. Good luck with it!" which to me they are both meaningless since one cancels the other.
Now, in your second post you insist by willing to bring eye witnesses that you have been doing the effect for years. Who asked you to prove anything?
If the effect is unpublished then its new. Dee came with it, we researched it and spoke with MANY top name pro's about the effect... So, I am still so confused about your post.

Best,
Titanas

**EDIT** Deleting Bad Stuff...

Just because an effect is unpublished doesn't make it new. Just newly released at large.

Karma is a Killer!
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1951 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I wish I could read your original post before its been edited.
Do you mind sending that in a pm?
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
There's no such thing as karma.

Yeah, it's Titanas' and Dee's fault that you didn't release this 10 years ago.

Victim complex much?

Titanas and Dee,
I'm looking forward to the release of Shudder!

Bryan

vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 14:54, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Chad, it's nice to see that others have played with the plot and similar methodology, but I must explain that this is a professional routine, not just a throw away half explored idea.

Dee,

I told you I'd sit this one out and give you a pass. Watch what you say. There's nothing half explored about my work, and I told you not to limit yourself.

Quote:
On 2009-01-21 13:39, bryanlonden wrote:

Victim complex much?

Boy - learn some respect before someone schools you.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Vince, I'm sure your work is great - however you yourself called your version a 'party trick.'

I understand that maybe we have different ideas of a party trick, so I apologize if you took offense. I am simply explaining my point.

As explained via PM, there is reasoning behind using the soda can - the 2nd part of the method, that quirk of physics that REALLY sells the illusion will only work with certain items, things like candlestick holders and mugs do not allow for such things.

If I were merely employing the first part of the methodology that we have both used then it would be applicable to a wider range of items, however, that is not the case.

I'm quite conscious of every sentence I type and don't mean to cause offense to anyone, so, let's not allow this thread to get out of hand and have fun!

Peace,

D.

Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Getting out of this thread now...
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Wow this seems incredible and I must have it. I can't wait for the release date, soon I hope.
Now I just have to get energy bill and I will be ready to perform miracles at an instant.

Michael
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Quote:
On 2009-01-21 13:54, vmendoza wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 14:54, DeeChristopherMagic wrote:
Chad, it's nice to see that others have played with the plot and similar methodology, but I must explain that this is a professional routine, not just a throw away half explored idea.

Dee,

I told you I'd sit this one out and give you a pass. Watch what you say. There's nothing half explored about my work, and I told you not to limit yourself.

Quote:
On 2009-01-21 13:39, bryanlonden wrote:

Victim complex much?

Boy - learn some respect before someone schools you.

Actually, I was referring to Chad and the attitude he was presenting. I obviously made the mistake of thinking HE has been doing it for ten years, but now see that you said "8-10 years". I didn't even remember you posted about this.

Because of this, I'll disregard the ambiguous "schooling" comment, although I'm very confused as to what you could possibly be implying...

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Guys, how bout a download version of this?
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Hey Mac, There will be a download available too!

D.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dee Christopher - Shudder - PK soda can (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL