The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What Color of cards do You prefer? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Manny Williams
View Profile
New user
a measly
17 Posts

Profile of Manny Williams
It's weird. I'll use blue and start feeling guilty that I haven't paid any attention to red. It is especially bad when I use anything other than the usual red/blue bikes. I used to have to rotate my pillows when I was younger for the same reason. The sad part is I still do it today (rotate pillows). OCD anyone?
Texas Association of Magicians

"Houston Will Shine In 2009!"
www.taom2009.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Manny, must be a Texas thang! Smile

I was not aware of Mr Devant's thinking nor do I recall ever hearing this theory before! I put it to a mini test and to the extent of the limited parameters, it DOES seem to make a difference, COOL!

Mick
Manny Williams
View Profile
New user
a measly
17 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-19 21:50, MickeyPainless wrote:
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Manny, must be a Texas thang! Smile

Mick

I was born in Modesto, California. I hear that's the birthplace of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I also have to line up my silverware at restuarants. I think I'm getting worse as I get older. Smile

I do admire you're use of the term "Thang". You could probably pass for Texan if you just mastered "Ya'll" as well!

www.taom2009.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Hell Manny, we could be brothers! I've been in the SJ Valley most of my life! Bakersfield boy since 1981 so yeah, Ya'll and Thang ARE in my vocabulary!
OH, and OCD comes outta Ceres mostly!

Mick
Manny Williams
View Profile
New user
a measly
17 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-19 23:45, MickeyPainless wrote:
Hell Manny, we could be brothers! I've been in the SJ Valley most of my life! Bakersfield boy since 1981 so yeah, Ya'll and Thang ARE in my vocabulary!
OH, and OCD comes outta Ceres mostly!

Mick

Tell dad I need money to pay of my student loans, and that I'm sorry about the barn and the fire that ensued. It was my girlfriends idea to have candles going while we played "make the stick dissappear" (A routine that will be discussed in my next lecture) Oh, and tell him I liked his third wife best.

Good evening my friend.

www.taom2009.com
keith1569
View Profile
New user
California
87 Posts

Profile of keith1569
Hah crazy..i now live in manteca..before that I was in modesto..
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Keith,
NOBODY claims Manteca! I don't even let my wife tell anybody she grew up in Dos Palos! Smile

Manny,
Yeah, #3 was a hottie BUT I dated her first! Pop did fine on the fire insurance, dumped #3 and ran off to Mexico with the nanny (whom I think you dated)!

Mick
Manny Williams
View Profile
New user
a measly
17 Posts

Ahhh...The nanny...

www.taom2009.com
MagicMan888
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicMan888
I prefer red but you also need a few blue for sure for colour change and stuff like that. Smile
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
I like red better, but I buy in bulk and they come 50/50. When I am using string work I use all black cards and if it is for a women or little girl I some times use pink cards.I some times us the Ellusionist Vintage 1800 when I am doing a trick that has an old theme to it. I use some of the Ellusionist cards but have to be carefull since they are a little thicker the double lift and triple look a little thick some times.
Hybrid Hunter
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Hybrid Hunter
I try to go 50/50 with my cards, but I'm more used to red than I am to blue because its used more.
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Joemv
I will usually use red, but if working with an IT effect will use blue.

Joe
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
Even though blue is actually my "favorite" color, I would say that I prefer red decks in general. No real reason, I just like the look of red backs more for some reason.
magicjack1977
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
213 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
Interesting question. I am real particular about what cards I use. I almost exclusively use basic red or blue back bikes ( I have some of the others like ghost decks, tiger decks, etc. but they almost universally scream "trick deck" when people see them). as for my preference in color of Red or Blue, well that depends on the effect.

If I'm doing standard walk-around card effects, especially routines involving a card signed by a spectator, then I go with red because the red is more visual and the sig shows up much better. But if I'm doing a trick that involves a sitting down situation such as spelling tricks, mentalism effects, or Triumph, then I prefer blue backs because they are not flashy and seem to help sell the miracle better. Overall though I'd say I'm more of a red back kind of guy. I never leave the house without a deck of cards and 9 out of 10 times it'll be a red back deck.
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
I like blue when I'm not using red, and vise versa.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
salmononius2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of salmononius2
I personally prefer performing with red backed cards.

In Card College, there actually is a section about what color cards to use (I don't remember if it was in Volume 1 or 2... Now that I think about it, I think it's in both, the introduction of volume 1 and the theory section of volume 2). He mentions what colors to use for different situations (close up mat color, color changing deck etc.).

I'm going to end my post now, although I'm pretty sure I had something else to write about this and I forgot about it. Well, if I forgot it, it was probably either unimportant, or I'm forgetful. I'll post it later if I remember.
nicky
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of nicky
Depends sometimes on the trick, but l like red.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
My deck changes color at my whim, so I've never really thought about it.

I like when the deck color works with my outfit, which is why I prefer nude colored cards... plus they're better for palming.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Pruitt
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Pruitt
Red primarily. Except when doing 3-card Monte in which case I use borderless blue-backed bees for many obvious reasons.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Red..but for readings I like the black tigers.
Self concept is destiny..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What Color of cards do You prefer? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL