The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best two or three card effects you do right now (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
646 Posts

Profile of JordanB
As far as the critical skills, I didn't say it was required to be able to look up and find a trick or information. Anybody can do that. Rather, the critical skills are required to make the best use of the information that is available to you on the internet (ie-a method to seperate the wheat from the chaff).

Age has nothing to do with it in my opinion...
Open Traveller
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Open Traveller
Johndraws,

I think it's reasonable to agree that the standards of conversation and conduct for 12-year-olds is quite different from those for adults. And I would respectfully disagree with the statement that if anyone knows about all the garbage on the Internet, the kids do, because I don't think they have the critical skills to recognize garbage from quality in the same way adults do. In fact, a lot of the garbage out there is generated by young people who frankly don't have a clue about anything.

I do agree that 12-year-olds would benefit from being inspired by what they see and getting information they can use, but I don't know why that would apply only to 12-year-olds. That would be the case for anybody. There's a difference, though, between being inspired and enthused, and I strongly suspect that when most people surf through the deluge that is the Internet they more frequently end up being the latter than the former.

You wrote:

Quote:
Online activities give you just as much to digest...sort and chose what you want to invest in learning.

And this is pretty close to what JordanB called "the brass tacks."
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
OT,

After reading that last post of yours, all I can say is AMEN Brother! I'm totally with you - Hard to believe I know Smile
Pruitt
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Pruitt
Since this thread sort of allows bragging rights... my three-card Monte routine is my best routine. I've spent a lot of years refining it and, well, I simply enjoy doing it.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Ackerman's Quick Conisidance
Ouellet's Finger on the Card
Vernon's Trimuph
Self concept is destiny..
SplitSpades11
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of SplitSpades11
Ambitious Card w/ Card To Pocket Finish.

Dai Vernon's Triumph.

Blockbuster Or Paperclipped.
"I care about eating, magic, and holding my children. " — Jay Sankey
Astrolan
View Profile
New user
Russian Federation
10 Posts

Profile of Astrolan
Right now? Maxi Twist, Detoure de Force and Club Sandwich.
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Casual:

1.- My Impromtu transpo in the spectatror Hand
2.- Disorder Triumph
3.- Sandwish Routine

Strolling

1.- ACR with paperclipped
2.- "My Card" ( a typical commercial in the hand routine)
3.- Mr. Stickman
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Riku_Pajari
View Profile
New user
Mikkeli, Finland
98 Posts

Profile of Riku_Pajari
1. Ambitious card with cards from the mouth (with spectators card in there)
2. Mcdonalds Aces
3. Dr. Daley's Last Trick

These 3 I do all the time. I also do some mentalism with cards, spectator picks a card, puts it back to the deck, I shuffle and I try to read his/her mind. I fail but I have a note in my pocket where is written his/her card. Then I fold the note, take the card that I thought was the spectators card and put the card to the folded note, out of sight, just for a second and it turns to spectators card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best two or three card effects you do right now (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL