The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best two or three card effects you do right now (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 05:00, Roger Kelly wrote:
No wonder folk avoid this place.

All 38,214 of them?
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 05:00, Roger Kelly wrote:
And comments like this Steven! Because you are so revered and knowledgeable hardly gives you the right to slate others' well-intentioned topics. No wonder folk avoid this place.

Guilty as charged, Roger. Although I don't consider myself "revered and knowledgeable", I do like to try and get people to be productive in magic.

But you're right-- I need an attitude adjustment...

SEY
MagicMan888
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of MagicMan888
Mine is for sure the This 'n' That card trick! If you don't know it you can see it on my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicAndYuGiOhDude. I just think it's a great trick and it amazes my friends!
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Quote:
On 2009-01-19 19:36, Steven Youell wrote:

Doing so doubles the meaningless.

SEY

Since we're being critical, it should be meaninglessness
ambassador365
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
"Torn and Restored Transpo" - David Williamson
"MST" - Matthew Dowden
"Intercept" - Harvey Berg (this is a version of Vernon's "Out of Sight, Out of Mind")

Rudy
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Royal Scam by John Bannon
Rainbow Cascade by Terri Rogers
Wedding Trick by Jon Allen
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3975 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I don't think this topic was started to get a real, meaningful, in-depth discussion started. It is just talk among friends, shooting the bull.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
311 Posts

Profile of lithyem
1. Dai Vernon's Color Changing Deck
2. Colour Sense - Pit Hartling
3. Any variation of Dr Daleys Last Trick

I like the pace changing and possibilities in patter with these 3 in a routine...

@ Steven Youell - Glad to see you reacted well to the crit on you. I'm not a big poster here only because it feels here people love to get involved and slam topics when the topics don't suit them. As a fan of your magic and thinking I was disappointed by your initial comment to a topic I was pretty interested in... I mean lets face it we ALL clicked the link to read the topic!

I think it's a valid question and the concept of ratings and best tricks need not be dealt with. What 3 tricks do you most often do, most often kill with, etc. This is supposed to be fun!
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Quote:
On 2009-01-19 19:36, huruey wrote:

(([Number of comments]*[Number of comments mentioning Criss Angel]*(Current date - Submission date))/([Number of days video has been up]*[Total Comments]*([Total Comments]-[Number of comments that don't mention Criss Angel])) + [How good the trick is out of ten] - [Number of videos]

If I have done the math right, then you should find that this formula accurately equates to a number between 1 and 10 which indicates how good the effect is, where 10 is good and 1 is bad.

I appreciate the humor! It was a simple question to encourage social interaction. A scale is rather meaningless otherwise we could throw all known tricks into the computer and determine the top 3 card effects for January 2009.

Here's my 3:

Tamed Card - I just built my version of the Tommy Wonder beeper!
ACR - mine is always changing a little
Slo-mo Monte by Kenton Knepper
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2009-01-19 19:36, Steven Youell wrote:
Doing so doubles the meaningless . . .

. . . ness.

;)
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Already pointed out a handful of posts up Bill! I do however still consider you my go to guy on spelling, grammar and math! Smile

Mick
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of lynnef
1. Reset
2. red hot mama
3. (followed by) For Marlo (David Regal effect)
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 19:15, MickeyPainless wrote:
Already pointed out a handful of posts up Bill!

You're so right: I missed that one.

Quote:
On 2009-01-20 19:15, MickeyPainless wrote:
I do however still consider you my go to guy on spelling, grammar and math! Smile

And rocket science (also mentioned above) I hope: I used to be a rocket scientist. (I designed EFP warheads for ten years. Whenever a spectator overanalyzes an effect I'm doing I like to tell them that, "This isn't rocket science. And when I tell you that, it's an expert opinion: I used to be a rocket scientist.")
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Duality
Wild Card
Triumph (Vernon / Bannon)

Robert
salmononius2
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of salmononius2
1: Biddle Trick- I use the one taught on Complete Card Magic with Gerry Griffin Vol. 5. It's been my number 1 trick for the past couple of months, the trick that I will most likely do if someone asks to see a trick.

2: Ambitious Ace Through Five- Also from Complete Card Magic with Gerry Griffin Vol. 5 (That set has gold in it). It's basically an impromptu 5 Speed.

3: I don't really have a number 3 yet, although it's probably Las Vegas Leaper by Paul Harris (Art of Astonishment Volume 1)
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 12:36, Chessmann wrote:
I don't think this topic was started to get a real, meaningful, in-depth discussion started. It is just talk among friends, shooting the bull.

Amen!

This is the kind of stuff my magic buddies and I talk about when we hang out at Chili's... Just magi hangin' and shootin'
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The best 3 card tricks I use all the time?
Triumph
Bullet
Card on forehead

With gaffes?

Chicago Surprise
Clifton's "Startled" (his McDonald's Aces)
Blizzard

Trilogy (Dean Dill's one deck of bikes set-up)
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5840 Posts

Profile of motown
- Gyspy Curse (Ron Bauer's version)

-Kundalini Rising

-Color Changing Deck (Helder Guimaraes)
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***2: Ambitious Ace Through Five- Also from Complete Card Magic with Gerry Griffin Vol. 5 (That set has gold in it). It's basically an impromptu 5 Speed.***

Would this be a take on "Ambitious Classic" by Larry Jennings?
Demonbrn
View Profile
Veteran user
Oakley, CA
338 Posts

Profile of Demonbrn
The 3 I do that everyone keeps asking me to do again everytime I see them are;

Mcdonalds Aces
Amongst the Madmen (Tom Stone's version of Jolly Jumping Jokers)
Pen is Mightier (sharpie pen reveal, the laymen's card is revealed where 'Sharpie was Writen)
And a great mention as well is Richard Sander's Tagged, lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best two or three card effects you do right now (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL