We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed 2? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Has anyone heard anything about Coinvexed 2? The rumours on other forums is that it is a sharpie edition gimmick and will be launched at Blackpool. Their isn't much info on it.

Anyone?
danielellis_5
View Profile
Loyal user
Sheffield
211 Posts

Profile of danielellis_5
I don't know anything about this second one but having seen coinvexed 1 performed I cant imagine that a sharpie gimmick will work because the genius of the original is the way that the gimmick is concealed. Well at least that's my opinion.

Dan
Best quote from a spectator"I know how he did that,it was sleight of hand"(spectator then sits back looking pleased with himself)
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2820 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I haven't seen it, but I hope they aren't copying John T. Sheets "QUANTUM BENDER"
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I'll be interested to see what it's like. Hopefully it'll be an improvement on the original.
I'm looking for a decent coin bend and I'm going to give this one a look.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Not fussed on the original gimmick - interested to see a new version. If this is true, just in time for Blackpool Smile
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1121 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Yes it is a Sharpie gimmick but not the same as Quantum Bender by Sheets.

I have been fortunate enough to be using a prototype for a few months, very nice way to deceptively put 'work' into a coin. The actions are natural and I would say it is one of the least 'fiddley' devices available. Gimmick will never wear out.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Thanks Al,

We have had nothing but great feedback from everyone who has seen the new 'sharpie edition' gimmick including Simon Shaw, The inventor of ‘Directors Cut’ who described it as “A thing of beauty”, Michael J Fitch said it was “Just incredible” and James Brown has described the gimmick as genius. If I was able to say right now what CV2 was I am sure that every Coinvexed owner would be immediately excited by its possibilities.

The new gimmick really does streamline the handling of the original Coinvexed and solves any pocket management issues. I can’t wait for the reviews to come in at the start of February and I look forward to launching Coinvexed 2 at the Blackpool magic convention where I will also be lecturing this year. I hope to see a few of you there and introduce the world to CV2.

You will love it and the price will be right!

All the best,

David Penn
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2009-01-21 22:11, Al Straker wrote:
Yes it is a Sharpie gimmick but not the same as Quantum Bender by Sheets.

I have been fortunate enough to be using a prototype for a few months, very nice way to deceptively put 'work' into a coin. The actions are natural and I would say it is one of the least 'fiddley' devices available. Gimmick will never wear out.

Cheers,
Al

Hi Al, and all interested parties,

We have made one minor tweak to the launch gimmick following comments and suggestions from people who had the prototype,

We now believe that this really rocks and this has been substantiated by people who have seen the improved launch version gimmick. See comments in the post above from David.

Al, the DVD is just having the menu system edited in and then a proper review copy will be on the way to you. I know that you will love it.

To quote Costas my business partner, "The price will be a oh, is that all I need to buy one of those price".

Best regards,

Jim
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4457 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Sounds good, I'm still performing the original, so look forward to seeing this!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Yo!

James Brown has asked me to post this as he is banned off these boards...

Hi All

I have had the new item for a few days now and all I can say is WOW!!!

Great idea DP. This takes the original (and great!) coinvexed tool and gives iit an extra 50%.

The original was very clever but this just take the biscuit.

I will post a proper review in a few weeks time. I am working on a few routines and will talk to Dave Penn about posting some ideas somewhere.

James Brown

He showed me this and I have to say it is brilliant. I will be ordering mine tonight!

Bubble
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Did DB use the original 'Coinvexed' in his last special (Dive of Death)?
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
David Blaine used John Sheets' Quantum Bender. He bought about 15 of them because he liked it so much and never wanted to be without one since he lost his first one.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Benji,

That's exactly what I thought, which is why I found it 'odd' to see the first line in the following ad for 'Coinvexed.'

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......0&page=1

-J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Wow. Sounds like some misleading advertising.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
One question for David, if I may: Is the device one solid piece, or are there two separate parts to it? This is an important distinction.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1520 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
And I just as I got the one coin presentation down using the original gimmick!!!
along comes MK2!
can this new version be done with just one coin?
is david's dvd routine another 2 coin routine, and it's up to us to playaround with anything else?
looking forward to this either way!
cheers
matt
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On 2009-01-22 10:25, dp wrote:
If I was able to say right now what CV2 was I am sure that every Coinvexed owner would be immediately excited by its possibilities.

Sorry gabelson, but you will have to wait a little bit longer until the reviews are in. Review copies have just been sent out but the reviews shouldn’t start to appear until early February. Remember it’s not actually launched until the Blackpool convention at the end of next month.

I would much rather wait for these reviews than answer questions in advance. I am confident that everyone will be reassured by the reviews and if not, come and see my lecture at Blackpool as I will be covering Coinvexed 2 in full as well as other routines from my lecture DVD. I will also have a dealer stand so just pop up to the balcony and see it for yourself. Sorry if you are not attending the convention but this is the closest we can get to a full disclosure launch so that people can make a happy informed choice.

All the best,

David

P.s. Matt, One or two, it just streamlines everything and improves those pocket management issues. That is really all I am allowed to say until February.
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
745 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Great! Just when I bought a 2nd Ccoinvexed as a backup.
This is a great effect though.
I worked Coinvexed at an Australia Day Party today.The reactions were over the top .
It will be interesting to see the new version.It would have to be a quantum leap forward to surpass the original.

Chappelly
Gochos
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gochos
Chappelly to me it goes even further than that
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Why's James Brown banned?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed 2? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL