The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Teaching simple tricks online (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Would it be unethical to teach simple magic tricks on a magic website?

The entire site is not teaching magic tricks, but I want to offer a few easy to do magic tricks to readers.

The website is going to have news, videos, articles, links, etc.
-Matt
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
It's so good to see a young person not afraid to ask for advice.

Your biggest problem will be the other sort - you know - the ones who think they know everything; that every word from their pudgy little mouths is gospel.

They'll be running you down on forums, taking up petitions and generally making a lot of noise but little sense.

I advise you to ignore them - spoilt brats without a clue.

Destiny
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I'm curious as to why so, so, many magician's websites feel so compelled to expose tricks. Who wrote the memo saying that this was such a clear path to web-success?
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
Stick to the same two-dozen tricks that have appeared on the back of cereal boxes for the last 40 years and I doubt anyone will complain.

...of course, they're probably on all the other websites, too.

-- Dan
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
ladirector
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of ladirector
I think teaching some simple tricks on your website is okay, but what does it accomplish? I don't think it creates traffic because there so many sites that do that 6the returns are probably small unless you expose tons iof stuff which is uinethical unless its all ytour own material.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I think it depends on how you advertise it. Obviously I'm in agreement with Dan that as long as you are showing the ones from the back of the cereal box, who cares?

I doubt many adults will care but telling kids at the end of your show to visit your website and you'll show them how to do a trick might actually work.

Good luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Teaching simple tricks online (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL