We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » How do you watch Reel Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5290 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Guys,

A question?... do you go to specific sections or do you push play all?....

were putting a lot of effort in making it flow in the play all mode....were also working hard on tightening all of the columns...

just curious

koz
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I watch individual segments. Usually the trick reviews first, then the move monkeys, then the feature interview, and finally the tricks and explanations. I watch the bloopers last.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5290 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Do you watch the whole thing?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I watch the whole thing... did I miss any segments? I don't watch it all in one day; with school and homework I don't have time. I watch my favorites first, then all of the other good stuff. I don't get to see the advertisements though.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the main segments: Garrett Thomas, John Armstrong, Simon Lovell, Silly Billy. Yes, I watch them too.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It depends on when I get it.

If I've got an hour + to kill when I first get the disk, I'll watch the whole thing.

If I've got less than an hour, I'll usually watch the main interview 1st and then Simon's column, then the review columns, and then the rest of the columns.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
huruey
View Profile
Loyal user
York, UK
205 Posts

Profile of huruey
I do play all the first time I watch it. Then to the explanations. If I'm going back to watch an old one, I'm a little more selective on which bits I watch.
Joe Williamson
Chair of the University of York Magic Society
Free Memorized Stack Trainer: http://huruey.webs.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5290 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The reason why I ask is there are thingsin ther that you wont see unless you hit play all...also the magazine is built for play all....like a tv show...thats where were going with this...we want it to be an experience

koz
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Koz,
I watch it in the play all setting first then go back to the chapters I liked the most.
(FYI: I fast-forward through the chapter(s) that I don't care for each issue).
PM me if you would like to know why.

You are doing a great job and I always feel that I am getting a great value.

~John
cenafreak0709
View Profile
New user
Memphis
59 Posts

Profile of cenafreak0709
I would like it if the explanations came on after the performances
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5290 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Cenafreak.......the reason we don't put the explnations on right after the trick is because it really slows down the timeline of the magazine...

We hope that it works by going into the menus to watch these explanations and perfomances...were trying to make the magazine navigate easier...

another issue we thnk we have a solution for that has occured to me in the next issue (richard turner) is being able to identify the tricks that are taught... I think there is so much material in this issue that the viewer who watches the magazine in play all will wonder what some of the stuff is there for...it at times just looks like clip after clip with no reason....that we will resolve in the april issue....

we continue to strive to make this thing better....were adding some "new" segment in the next few months ... look for more improvements and a slicker look over the next few issues....

thanks
koz
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5355 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I watch it pretty much the same way that John does, in "Play All" mode. If my time is restricted then I go right into David Regal and Simon Lovell until I have time to come back to the full disc.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13339 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I do Play All but not before I pour a glass of wine and climb on the couch expecting an hour's entertainment. The last issue had me busting up laughing and giving me lots of good info. Loved it. I'm addicted now. Keep 'em coming!!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Play All.
It's a Great Magazine.
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Play all, for me as well. I'll go back and re-watch specific interviews, etc at a later time. I'll echo what everbody said, Ted, you're putting out a great product.
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
I really enjoy the magazine and usually do a play-all and then go back to review things. The only section I don't like is Move Monkeys because I wish the moves were taught!

Other than that, BRAVO for a great magazing. Cuss words and all.

Michael
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2009-01-26 18:48, michaangelo wrote:
I really enjoy the magazine and usually do a play-all and then go back to review things. The only section I don't like is Move Monkeys because I wish the moves were taught!

Other than that, BRAVO for a great magazing. Cuss words and all.

Michael

The moves ARE taught.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5290 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The moves are taught?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
The moves in Move Mokeys... huh? The Flipper Muscle Pass, the Modified AG Spread Production, the Cascade Control, the Center Card Glimpse, the JM Click Pass, and the Thumb Pass were all taught in detail. Am I making a dumb mistake Kozmo?
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
amprice99
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of amprice99
The moves are not taught when you watch it as a play all. Similar to the magic effects, you have to go to the chapter.
ladirector
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of ladirector
I watch it straight through.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » How do you watch Reel Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL