The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Icons » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Ok, not the biggest problem in the world, but since it occurs repeatedly I thought it is annoying enough to comment on it:

The pink coffecup icon doesn't say if there are new postings, only that there are more than 15. This causes double-checking quite often for a regular visitor like me.

(Sorry in case this has been brought up before.)

/Matias
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Hi Matias,

I should change those icons so they are easier to tell apart. I'll change the text in the "key" also. It is kind of confusing. The shorter one indicates that there are more than 15 posts AND some of them are new. The taller flared pink cup indicates that there are more than 15 posts in the topic, but no new posts.

Smile Mary B.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I think if it's a pink cup you can tell if there are new posts there by placing your pointer on the cup. If it turns into a little hand there are new posts. If it stays as your little pointer icon, nuthin' new. If your little pointer icon is a little hand, now you've got a problem.
Yakworld.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Exactly correct, yakandjak. A word of caution - if your cursor turns into a little hand, and you click the pink cup, you will mark all the posts in that forum as "read". Gene had to set it up that way a while back so we wouldn't have to scroll to the bottom to mark them as read.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
How 'bout this one Mary. The pink cups that have unread posts are more round (kinda like a soupbowl lookin' thing) with a smaller handle. The pink cups that are "read" have straighter, angled sides with a larger handle.

Huh?

Huh?

Who's your geeky daddy? Smile

I gotta get out more.
Yakworld.
Mona Morrison
View Profile
New user
chicago area
26 Posts

Profile of Mona Morrison
Mary,
Thank's so much for your help in getting my photo up there. You do great work!

Send this lady another cup of coffee, on me!

Thanks again

Mona "yomo" Smile
spfranz
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
137 Posts

Profile of spfranz
I guess my question would be, why do we need a different icon if there's more than 15 posts? The number of posts are displayed on the screen. Why not just look and see if there's more than 15?

Just a thought.
Never ask a dog to watch your food.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Got me - the board just came that way. Smile
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Mary thanks for your attention to my questions.

A closedly related question:

Is it perhaps possible to change the GO-link (on the extreme right side) so that it leads to the "first unread message" instead of the very last one?

As it is now, I have to scroll upwards to see if there are more earlier new messages, and sometimes I have to change to the message-side before the one I'm standing on, to check.

Sincerely,

Matias
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I think we should have some coin icons. Make it even.. got the card decks.. now we need some coins. Smile Maybe a half dollar since its the most used? And a centavo, or a brit penny.... just an idea. Smile Take care.
Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Icons » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL