We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Shure Lavalier or Headset? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I have the 3 channel set which comes with the headset, handheld and lav. Handheld is used for the audience members every show. I change from headset to lav depending on the setting the show is in. I prefer the lav as it doesn't block your face, but the headset is nice.

I also have a nady wireless headset unit id sell to someone trying to cut some costs. Its duel channel and top of the line.
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
Just wanted to cast a vote for the headset. Been using one for years and love it.
Vaughn Ver Steegt
View Profile
New user
Janesville, Iowa
56 Posts

Profile of Vaughn Ver Steegt
I also have a Shure PGX headset system. I haven't had any problems. I got it from Northern Light and Sound. They beat any price I found on e-bay. You need to contact them and let them know what you are looking for. Then they will send you an e-mail you back quoting their lower price than what is listed on their web site. At least that's what happened for me.

Videokideo what is the brand name for the system you have with the multiple microphones?
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Its a Shure system. One receiver and 3 transmitters (hand, headset, lapel).
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 14:10, Vaughn Ver Steegt wrote:
I also have a Shure PGX headset system. I haven't had any problems. I got it from Northern Light and Sound. They beat any price I found on e-bay. You need to contact them and let them know what you are looking for. Then they will send you an e-mail you back quoting their lower price than what is listed on their web site. At least that's what happened for me.

Videokideo what is the brand name for the system you have with the multiple microphones?

Vaughn, I have a Shure PGX system also. I believe you can purchase they other wireless mics (handheld, lavilier) seperately. I think any of these will work with Shure PGX receiver. You can also purchase a wireless instrument body pack that will go with the PGX receiver.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Vaughn Ver Steegt
View Profile
New user
Janesville, Iowa
56 Posts

Profile of Vaughn Ver Steegt
Thanks for the information Regan and videokideo. I'll check into purchasing another type of mic to switch out with the headset.

I was also wondering if anyone uses a wireless system from a company named Hisonic? If so how is thier quality and sound?
magic_rice55
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of magic_rice55
I would recomend the lavalier microphone because if you are doing a lot of movement with an illusion or something, the headset could be more easily knocked off.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Shure Lavalier or Headset? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL