The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pentacle by Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mike_T
View Profile
New user
Alabama
85 Posts

Profile of Mike_T
Here's what looks to be another exciting dvd coming out soon by Craig Petty.
Check out the trailer.

http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk/pentacle......773.html
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Oh boy I cant wait for this one. ..I just got done with the routines from Blank and now more. . .and....since when is Craig putting out all this card magic?? Smile
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2009-01-23 14:34, Nico Zottos wrote:
Oh boy I cant wait for this one. ..I just got done with the routines from Blank and now more. . .and....since when is Craig putting out all this card magic?? Smile

Hi Nico,
Acting on Doctors orders, we sometimes have to lock Craig in a room without coins. We let him have some cards as part of his therapy and bingo you have a whole range of Craig Petty card magic.
We are just in the finishing stages of his most awesome card magic called "Locked In A Room Without Coins" due for release later this year,

A new star is born.
best regards
jim
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi Guys.

I guess the word is out about Pentacle. I must be honest, I am super excited about this release, a few top names have seen the material on this DVD and have raved about it. I think the best think with Pentacle is the versatility of the gimmick. With one card you can make so much happen and so many different effects. All the routines are designed so that you are immediately left with a regular deck to go into any other routine you want.

In with the DVD you get two Pentacle cards, one red and the other blue so that you can perform the routines with your favourite colour.

If anyone has any questions about the DVD or the gaff just let me know.

Thanks for your interest

Craig
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Great stuff....I was going to preorder although right now I am not too sure because I havent had anything good about my experience with World Magic Shop USA. . . Im really excited for this though.

Nico
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 18:08, Nico Zottos wrote:
Great stuff....I was going to preorder although right now I am not too sure because I havent had anything good about my experience with World Magic Shop USA. . . Im really excited for this though.

Nico

Speak to Costas, I am sure he can sort something for you. One of the many great things I have always found about WMS is their customer service. They really care about people.

I cannot wait for the release though, I think people are going to really love the routines on here.

If anyone has any questions just let me know

Craig
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
179 Posts

Profile of feifei
Looks wonderful! I am looking forward to it.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 04:11, feifei wrote:
Looks wonderful! I am looking forward to it.

Thanks for your comments. I have had a lot of people tell me they have been waiting for this release for a while. I cannot wait for the reviews to come in.

Craig
Russell
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Russell
I remember the first time Craig showed me Fast Hands. The final transposition blew me away, I had no idea what happened and just said 'What!'.

I know a lot of people were surprised to see Craig release Blank a couple of months ago with his reputation as a coin guy and that set has sold very, very well. Well in my opinion Pentacle contains some of Craig's best card work to date. There are 4 or 5 routines that really are 'worth the price of the DVD'. As with all of Craig's releases the key word is variety. He has loaded the DVD down with all types of routines so there is something there for everyone no matter your style, experience level or technical ability. For the record my favourite routine would have to be Fast Hands or Signed Card. I love signed card, it is an instant reset, everything is examinable and leads perfectly into Paul Harris's Bizarre Twist which is a huge bonus.

Recommended

Russell
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
684 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
This is another winner from the amazingly prolific Mr Petty.

I picked this up at the Blackpool Convention last weekend and I'm very impressed indeed! I've been using a couple of routines from Craig's "Split Happens" DVD for the past few months and have recently started to use my flipper coin again, which had been gathering dust for years, until I watched his "Flipped Out" DVD. I had started to think that Craig was just a coin man - but... I was wrong!

Pentacle contains what appears to be a super-simple gimmick - though the routines that Craig has created are really rather wonderful. One of my favourite quotes in magic is from John Carney: "Magic is the art of making the simple look marvellous". That is exactly what Craig has done with this gimmick.

I was particularly impressed with the variety of effects featured. There are colour-changes, transpositions, transformations, vanishes, etc. Also, most of the effects end with a regular deck, so are very practical for the working magician.

I’ve already started working on Skittles Pack which is really fabulous and will certainly be using Fast Hands and Signed Card at the very least.

Having seen that Craig's card magic is as good as his coin magic, I'm going to get his Blank DVD very soon.

Highly recommended.

Iain.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Is the gaff easy to get if weared out?
or is it easy to make?
looks awesome
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
It comes with 2 gaffs so it should last you a while, IF it gets worn out, yes you could make this but Im sure you could find replacements somewhere.

Nico
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
265 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Is it easy to find the gaffs? it means standard gaffs?
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2009-03-02 00:17, ferryascanio wrote:

Hi This gaff is produced by World Magic Shop exclusively for the Pentacle DVD and we will release replacements to those who have purchased Pentacle. Details soon.

However, just a point of note the gimmicks should last for a very long time if you do not abuse them.
Best regards
Jim
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
265 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Ok, thank's Jim..
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2009-03-02 10:38, Jaz2005 wrote:
Quote:

Hi This gaff is produced by World Magic Shop exclusively for the Pentacle DVD and we will release replacements to those who have purchased Pentacle. Details soon.

However, just a point of note the gimmicks should last for a very long time if you do not abuse them.
Best regards
Jim

I would also like to point out that the gaff, and several versions of it, is also contained in Daniel Garcia's & Wayne Houchin's Ultragaff.
Mike_T
View Profile
New user
Alabama
85 Posts

Profile of Mike_T
Ordered this yesterday. I also wanted to mention the excellent customer service with World Magic Shop. Great communication and fast shipping. Pleasure to do business with them.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2009-03-04 04:27, Doctor D wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-02 10:38, Jaz2005 wrote:
Quote:

Best regards
Jim

I would also like to point out that the gaff, and several versions of it, is also contained in Daniel Garcia's & Wayne Houchin's Ultragaff.

The Ultragaff deck is a great product but the Pentacle gimmick is not included in this set. There is something similar but the majority of the routines on the Pentacle DVD would not work with the Ultragaff version. Plus the real gold with the Pentacle product is the DVD and all the different routines that are presented. Ironically the version of the gaff in the Ultragaff deck was actually created and marketed by Steve Bates over 6 years ago. Steve Bates is the same person who created the Pentacle Gimmick.

Hope this helps

Craig
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
483 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Pentacle DVD - Craig Petty
Available from World Magic Shop (http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk) - £15.00/approx. $30

I’m a sucker for card gaffs. I don’t typically use them when working, but I do enjoy playing with them. Now imagine my surprise when I start watching Craig Petty’s newest release, and I see some card magic using a really cool gaff that I might ACTUALLY use when working! How can I be so sure that I might use some of this material, you may ask? Well, I already have.

For anyone who has ever read a review I’ve written here on the Café, relax: this one is not going to be a novel. I’m going to touch on my favorite items on the DVD and let you discover the rest, should you choose to purchase the product.

Upon, starting the DVD, the viewer is treated to a pretty cool effect:

RED/BLUE TRANSPOSITION
Four red cards change places with four blue cards!
Oh, you want a little more detail? Okay…A red and a blue deck are introduced. Four spectators each touch a card in different places in the chosen deck (i.e. the red deck). The cards are removed and the spectators are asked to each remember the card and then the red cards one-at-a -ime, change into blue cards. You spread the blue deck to show four red cards throughout the deck. These are removed and shown to be the selections.

This one immediately caught my eye (and I’m not saying that just because it’s the first trick on the DVD…). It is not really suited for strolling, and it does need a table. Normally, when these are the requirements, I skip right over the trick. However, I immediately saw a place for it, in a formal close-up all cards set I had been trying to put together. One of the nice things is, the deck where the four odd backed cards appear, can be a full deck stack. Once you remove the odd backed cards, you can move on and do anything that requires a stack. It’s a nice way to casually ring in a stacked deck without having to do a switch.

TWISTING THE CHERRY
I’ve always liked packet tricks. It allows the spectator to focus on only a few cards. This one is similar in effect to classic twisting plots, but the Pentacle gaff makes the handling fairly easy.

Four red-backed nines, flip over one-at-a-time, similar to a Twisting the Ace routine. To finish, you show the red-backed nines have changed to blue.
This is a nice little packet trick, and my only real complaint is that for some reason, the editing cuts to Craig’s left when he performs a move that really would play better from the front. Personally, when I watch a performance of a trick, I’d like to at least have a chance to be fooled.

FAST HANDS
Here’s a three-phased routine where you demonstrate one of the most common laymen answers to a magic trick: “It’s done with fast hands”. You offer to do a trick three times: the first time, it will be fast; the second time, it will be twenty times faster; and the last time, it will be the fastest trick in the world. You remove the two red fives from the pack. A card is selected (for instance the Queen of Diamonds) and is placed out-jogged in the middle of the pack. Very quickly, the card vanishes from the pack and jumps between the red fives. That was a fast trick! Now the fives are cut into the middle of the pack, and very quickly the pack is spread and now there are three cards between the fives. They are the other three Queens. Maybe it was closer to three times as fast, but still a pretty fast trick. You then remove the rest of the pack and will only use the four queens and the two fives. You spread out the four queens and set them on the table to one side. You spread the two fives and place them to the other side. After pausing for a beat, you scoop up the fives in one hand and the queens in the other, turning over to show that the four queens have traded placed with the two fives. A four-for-two transposition!

This one is nice. You can tell that Craig has been doing this for a while. The routine has a nice script, and it builds throughout. The last phase with the four-for-two transposition (or is it a two-for-four [244?]?) is very visual. (Did I just put brackets inside a parenthetical reference? [You bet I did!]).

SIGNED CARD
A card is selected from a blue backed deck and signed. It is lost in the deck, which is set aside. You remove four cards from your pocket and show them to be the four sevens. You state that you will use the sevens to determine the chosen card’s suit. You display all the sevens and they are seen to have a blue back. You close the spread and wave over the sevens and a red back appears. You count through the sevens and see that three of the sevens have red backs and only one remains blue. You show that the club, spade and diamond all are not red and show that the heart was the only one that remained blue. You show each of the sevens as you explain this. That tells you the selection was a heart. You remove the seven of hearts and place it on the table. After divining what the selection was, you flip over the seven of hearts to show that it has changed to the signed selection!
Great routine here! It’s a nice version of the Hofzinser Ace Problem where the backs change colors. This routine resets easily and can really be done in the hands, which makes it great for strolling!

CARDS TO POCKET
The Pentacle gaff can be incorporated into classic plots, like Cards to Pocket. In the routine on the DVD, Craig has five cards signed and one-at-a-time, they vanish from his hand and reappear in his pocket. Obviously, you wouldn’t want to have the gaff signed, so Craig solves this by having the audience sign stickers and place them on the five cards. Palming is involved in the routine, but the first (of only a few palms) occurs so far ahead in the routine that there is no heat. The Pentacle gaff allows for the hand to be shown empty (most of the time), when going to the pocket to retrieve the card.

As usual with Craig’s releases, there’s a “Sleights” section that covers, in detail, the moves that will be used in the routines. Also there’s a nice color changing deck routine at utilizes the Pentacle gaff hidden somewhere on the disc (Easter Egg). This DVD has tons of variety on it (as long as you’re looking for gaffed card magic). Kidding aside, there are tricks that are great for strolling, a formal close-up show and even those that like to play around with a new gaff. Recommended!
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Sounds like a really nice dvd but gonna have to hold back on it.. (money's tight these days you know) but this will definitely be in my to buy list so is blank:D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pentacle by Craig Petty (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL