The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pentacle by Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
I think the skittles pack is worth the price of the DVD, I know people say that all the time but that is some seriously strong magic. I also enjoyed the cards to pocket routine (a favourite plot of mine).

Great DVD Craig, well done.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for your review Adam, I am really glad you have enjoyed the DVD. Also thanks Chris, I am glad you liked the routine. Sissors83, when you get a copy I am sure you will enjoy the routines, any questions just let me know.

I have just come back from The South Shields Magic Convention and the sales of Pentacle were fantastic. Thanks to everyone who picked up a copy over the weekend.

Also Pentacle is now available through Murphy's and so you should be able to get it from your favourite dealer. If anyone has any questions about anything just let me know

Thanks again

Craig
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Hey before I order it if it is possible can I know for the whitewas routine what type of blanks do I need?
thanks
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1346 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Will replacement gaffs be available?

I have several other DVD/Gaff type effects where I keep having to buy the whole deal over and over again to get new gaffs. I am going broke doing this.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
I hope it is possible to make it.
I will be receiving my dvd on saturday if I'm lucky.
Ordered it with blank to start trying out craig's stuff.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1346 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I think you will be very pleased with both Blank and Pentacle. I certainly am.
I also have a couple other of his DVD's. He is a very creative thinker indeed.

For some reason I seem to gravitate towards card tricks that require very special gaffs that do not seem to be available as refills. I could name at least 4 other DVD gaffs type effects that I have had to repurchase the entire unit when my gaffs wear out. Some of these could be custom made, however I do not intend to take on that task myself.

Anyhow, I will continue to look forward to Craig Petty's magic.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Craig... pm sent.

a little disappointed with my pentacle gimmicks.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
For one of the pentacle gimmicks I received a joker which I can't really use for the routines. (you'll know what I mean if you have the dvd)

For the other pentacle gimmick I received a 10S and I can't use it for other routines neither (Especially the underground four of a kind transpo) you'll know what I mean if you own it. (the extra cards you need with that deck cannot be used)

The dvd is perfect it's just that my pentacle gimmicks are horrible and I can't work with them. (angry face)
I guess I'll need to buy some more gimmicks. (not very excited)
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1320 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey EVeryone.

I have been so busy lately I haven't been on the Café for a couple of weeks. Thanks to everyone that has put a review up on the thread, I am really glad you are enjoying Pentacle.

For those of you that have the DVD I had a very clever magician share an idea for the gimmick the other day. His name is Dale Shrimpton and he suggested using a tilt move and a Pentacle card you could perform an ambitious card and actually let them decide how many cards from the top of the deck the card will rise to. I tried this out at a 40th birthday party on Friday and it is great. If anyone wants the specific handling for this let me know. Another of Dale's ideas is using the cards across handling performing a slow motion cards through table - HOW COOL IS THAT?

I am loving the fact that so many people are contacting me with ideas for the gimmick. There are so many super creative people out there, its fantastic.

Scissors mate I am so sorry you got the cards you did. This must have been an error at the packaging stage because nobody is meant to get a Joker. PM me your address and I will get a couple of new gimmicks out to you today. And sorry again, that was not meant to happen. Glad to hear you like the DVD though!!

Thanks again for everyone that has picked up Pentacle. I really appreciate and please, keep those comments coming!!!

Craig
jayder
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
196 Posts

Profile of jayder
I got pentacle at blackpool after previously purchasing split happens and I'm very pleased with my purchase.As with all of craig's dvd's he gives you loads of routines on hs dvd's.
jayder
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
196 Posts

Profile of jayder
I got pentacle at blackpool after previously purchasing split happens and I'm very pleased with my purchase.As with all of craig's dvd's he gives you loads of routines on hs dvd's.
jayder
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
196 Posts

Profile of jayder
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Thanks craig a pm was sent. THANK YOU=D
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
My Pentacle review

So you guys might or might not know Craig Petty. After watching this dvd you will get to know who this guy is. This is a very good dvd with the best of craig's card work to date. (Also liked blank!) Anyways I usually don't post reviews but I think I should. It's very good. The price is around 30$ and it's pretty good for what you get(dvd material). You receive inside a little envelope with the two gaff cards. I remember opening them like two days ago and just smiling and thinking hmm how in the heck I'm gonna make this work. Anyway so I look at the faces and they turn out to be a joker and a ten. I checked out the dvd and saw that most routines could not be performed with these two faces. So I contacted craig right here at the Café and he told me (It's on a post on the first page of this thread) that this wasn't meant to be and that he will send me some gaff cards because of this. I was a little angry that I didn't receive the correct ones but when I saw what craig wrote it made my day. One usually doesn't receive such service these days. There aren't that many people that would do this. Usually you would have to buy replacement gaffs even if you didn't get the cards you wanted or buy another set again. So anyways here is my review of the effects.

The dvd is around 2 hours and trust me you will not want to get out of your couch. I'll review my favorite effects.
First effect: Red/blue transpo

You choose four cards from a chosen deck (ex. red) and leave the blue deck to the side. You show the four cards and one by one they turn into blue backs. THen they are shown and the blue deck is opened and in the deck there is the red cards.

-Very nice trick. I don't think I would perform it since I don't ususally use two decks when strolling. It's easy to do for intermediate card magicians. (I should mention that everything in this dvd is for intermediate/ advancard magicians) If your into the two deck thing this is definitely for you.

Second Effect: Twisting the Cherry
This is a very nice packet trick. Basically what happens is that a four red backed nines turned face down, are shown ony by one turn face up. then you show the backs and they turn to blue.

-This is a very very nice packet trick utilizing the pentacle gimmick in a nice way. Something you will like to use. Very visual.

Third effect: NFW
Four cards are selected from the deck then shown and placed in the magicians hand. One by one these cards turn face up. Then the magician just waves it over the deck and the cards turn to four aces.

-Very nice change from four selections to aces. You will need some other gaffs thus not making it exxample. Those gaffs needed are standard gaffs so no problem finding them. Not examinable.

Fourth effect: Cards to pocket

-basically five cards are signed with stickers one by one they travel to your jacket pocket.

This is something you will like using. This is one of the effects that you perform for the right people at the right time. This is probably my favorite routine and uses the gaff in a really ingenious way. Thanks craig for releasing this effeect.

There are many more routines but I wanted to review the ones that caught most my attention. AAnyways if you guys are hesitate whether you want this or not.... You want this. don't worry you wont be sent wrong gaffs like I was. I was probably the only unlucky person to receive the joker but oh well doesn't matter. Anyways hope you found it helpful. If you have any questions let me know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pentacle by Craig Petty (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL