The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cartoonist needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I had a hard time deciding where to post this. It is for a magic act but it really doesn't fit any category on the Café.

For a stage act I need to have some cartoon clips made. By "cartoon" I mean animation (like bugs bunny Smile).

I won't give the details here on the open but just to give you an example. The cartoon will be of a character that explains how my magic is done (Not really). Fir instance imagine watching a clip of a magician performing a rising card. Then it zooms in and shows a cartoon of a tiny character pushing the card out of the deck. The linking rings it'll zoom in and show the character cutting an opening then welding the ring back together. I know it sounds silly but that's the point. The idea is to play this before the act because the rest of the act that actually happen on stage is as if it's the continuation of the cartoon they just watched.

Anyway, I'm trying to find where to find someone to make this cartoon for me. If of course need it to be as affordable as possible. If the act works I can later put more into having it more professionally made. But I wouldn't want to pay thousands for an act that doesn't work out. So I'll start small and work the act out.

Any suggestions? I was wondering if perhaps there's a school for this. In many trades students are given assignments for people to learn their trade and they can be hired at a reasonable price as they learn. That's just one thought but I can't find such a place.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of trey
I love the idea! I want to see it when you get done.

Trey
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Sheridan College in Oakville Ontario Canada has an animation program. They may be able to help.
mindripper2
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mindripper2
Try to contact http://www.animationmentor.com . They have a lot of students in 3d animation. Maybe one of them can help you out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cartoonist needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL