The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gafftastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mayniac
View Profile
Special user
589 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Anybody have this DVD yet? Anybody willing to give a review? Thanks!
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Yeah havent seen any buzz about it:S seems kul might order it or wait until cameron francis releases his gaff dvd
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Unless you are attending Blackpool, mine might not be released for a little while. A lot of other cool projects in the BBM pipeline before my projects get their "official" release. But, like I said, they will be for sale at Blackpool (and I'll be there with them).

Meanwhile, Liam's disc is pure coolness. A lot of gems on there but the first one THE CHOSEN, might be my favorite. Very cool, off-beat packet type thing.

He's also got a kick a** version of Everywhere and Nowhere on there.

Come on! It's Liam! What else do you need to know? Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Liam is a wonderful, gifted Magician.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
589 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Good point Cameron! His other DVD set is awesome! This seems like a great deal too for all the stuff you get!
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Howdy folks, just to let you know that Cameron and I will be at the Big Blind Media stand at Blackpool, so drift over and say hi, and we'll show you some funky new magic stuff.

Rock on!

Liam.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Im holding off from reviewing as Liam is a friend. But in my opinion theres is ALOT or great material in this dvd. Just my 2p

Alan
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Got this in recently and will post a full review this weekend.

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Donny.. waiting to see the review please and thanks:D
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1346 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I'm on the fence on this one.
Trying to be more selective on my purchases, economy and all.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Hey I've just purchased this. it should arrive to me in around 5 days ill post my review on it when I receive it.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Hey,

Sorry guys. Been swamped with work the past few weekends.

I'll get it up.

Liam's stuff is solid.

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: Gafftastic
Medium: DVD with 13 gaffed cards
Arena: card magic
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

Gafftastic is a collection of card effects that make use of various gaffs. The DVD includes the gaffs you will need, all on Bicycle stock so you will be set to do the effects rather than sitting around wishing you had a special card to try a routine. The quality of the DVD is good as is the sound. It is shot with the traditional performance then explanation, there are no ‘live’ performances for spectators which didn’t bother me at all. The set up is Liam Montier as the presenter and also the instructor with at times irritating off camera support of Owen Packard. Liam is a likable sort with a good sense of humor and a wild look in his eye, he is not bad with a deck of cards either. He needs to lighten up on the strangle hold on the deck, same problem I have, but he knows what he’s doing more so than many out there in card magic land. Liam does a very good job with the explanations and covers all the different aspects of each effect. There is a nice PDF attached to the DVD of a booklet Liam put out some time ago and a couple bonus routines. You get quite a few routines on the DVD, look at the ad for info.

The use of gaffs is eschewed by many but they can make some effects easier to perform and allow you to do some effects that cannot be done with regular cards. Dai Vernon fooled Houdini with a gaff so they can’t be all bad! The routines, I am happy to say, are not all basic self working tricks and they will require practice to have them down right. My favorite ones are Mass Hippy-Nosis and Beauty Spot. I actually have done some of the effects at the lounge for magic night and they played well. While I don’t have any gaff effects in my normal act perhaps I’ll add one or two of these, maybe not, either way they are fun to learn and to perform. All in all I liked all the effects on Gafftastic and it doesn’t look like they were stretching just to find some filler material, which makes me happy. I think hobbyist will have a particular interest in this material and if you wanted to try gaffs but have not done so then this is a pretty good introduction.

I enjoyed Gafftastic, it is a fun DVD and I appreciate the fact the gaffs are included. If you like gaffs then go for it.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The original disc I previewed was missing a few effects. When I got the final copy, I fell in love with Blush. It is pure F-U-N!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Gafftastic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL